Video Files on Forum ×

The pricing of CT-Xxxx

Casio Man

Could I have a breakdown of costs in the CT-Xxxx series?

The MSRP of X700 is $259.99 and X800 $299.99

What’s happening in the X3000 to suddenly make the price jump by over a $100 to a bit less inviting $419.

And even more interestingly, what makes the X5000 to double the price of the X3000.

Is the X5000 really double the price of the X3000 in your country? The X5000 has a few more features, not least the far more superior speaker system...

In the UK its £329.00 for the x3000 and £389.00 for the X5000.

The X3000 has far more features than the X800. 

It has more polyphony

Better speakers

More tones and Rhythms

A 17 track sequencer

More memory

And im sure a lot more.

For me it's actually the x700- x800 that doesn't make much sense in terms of cost. A Pitch bend wheel and and additional USB seems to be the only difference for your extra dollars. But that's just one mans opinion...

Prices from Casio’s internet page.

CT-X700 (MSRP: $259.99)

CT-X800 (MSRP$: 299.99) 

CT-X3000 (MSRP: $419.99)

CT-X5000 (MSRP: $799.99)

The difference in features between the 3000 and 5000 seems to be minimal. The same polyphony, the same amount of tones, the same amount of user tones, the same amount of rhythms, the same amount of DSP effects. Tye same keyboard.

The only real difference seems to be amplifier.

In germany (Musicstore)

- X700   249 euros

- X800   299

- X3000   349

- X5000   479

Best deals seem to be first X3000 and second X700 (at Musicstore). Thomann has only the X700 listed also at 249.

By the way, about outputs, when connecting to studio monitors, wil the signal quality be that much better on the X5000 (with 2 jacks outs) vs the rest of the field ?

I made a reply on another thread regarding the x3000 and x5000 differences. "The biggest difference appears to be the power of the speakers on the two. 15w on the X5000 and 6w on the X3000. Other subtle differences appear to be a lack of modulation button, 50 user rhythm storage on the x3000 (100 on the x5000) and a few less system reverb and chorus types.... Not huge differences."

Whether that makes it worth it to you is your choice. In regards to the MSRP I wouldn't take that as gospel. The Wk7600 has had a MSRP OF £499 in the UK for years but at many music stores its been around 330-399 for years. The prices I listed on my first post are confirmed at my gears4music store for the ctx and the US typically get similarly priced products in the UK in $. 

I've put together the most comprehensive list of differences I can as of now.  There may be other differences.  Keep in mind these models have not been released yet.    

In addition to the CT-X3000 (minus optional battery operation), the CT-X5000 adds....

8 additional system reverb types
4 additional system chorus types
5 additional system delay types 
User 4 band parametric master EQ 
50 additional user rhythms
Modulation/assignable button
Tone and Rhythm category buttons
Line out terminal 1/4" x 2
Microphone input 1/4" 
Mic volume knob
Speaker system 15w x 2 (6w x2 for CT-X3000)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bevburn said:

Hello Everyone,

Where can I find the specs for the ct x800...Im interested in purchasing one.

Was looking at the x700 but dont like that allegedly you cannot set the levels for the splits and layers

The official source for the CT-X800 manual, with specs inside, is here: http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008007004.

Bear in mind that the CT-X800 is not available everywhere. Based on what I have heard so far I believe if you can get the CT-X700 in a given region you won't be able to buy the CT-X800, not without importing it as a gray-market item. I could be wrong. 

Unfortunately for you, I think the CT-X800 has the same levels limitation as the CT-X700. I don't see any mention of adjusting individual part volumes in the manual. I think Casio overlooked this. Hopefully, a firmware update will appear to correct that oversight (as well as fix whatever serious bugs may be lurking in the firmware). But I wouldn't count on it. My rule is always to buy a keyboard on what it can do on release, not on what it MAY do in the future with a firmware update. 

Alternatively, you could save up your shekels for the CT-X3000. Almost certainly it won't have this problem because it (and the CT-X5000) has mixer functionality, so all of the parts can be leveled, including the ones you are playing on the keyboard. 

54 minutes ago, Bevburn said:

Hello Everyone,

Where can I find the specs for the ct x800...Im interested in purchasing one.

Was looking at the x700 but dont like that allegedly you cannot set the levels for the splits and layers

CT-X800 adds pitch bend wheel and USB flash drive port.  All other specs are identical.   Full specs are found in the manuals linked in the pinned post of this CT-X forum.  

I may have to wait a little before considering purchasing. 

I have a moxf6 that I use as a performance keyboard, and use a psr e433 to teach students on. This comes with mod wheel and can adjust instruments levels.. 

When I don't want to take the moxf around I would use the e433. In which case I love to later sounds for richness. 

At the price point for the x700, would have been perfect addition to my needs..

I was also inquisitive to experience the quality I of the sound it produces.  

Not sure I want to go for the higher end model as yet. But will keep it in mind. 

I think I would totally enjoy an mz x500 with the aix engine. 

Edited by Bevburn
Wrong spelling

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:27 AM, Casio Man said:

Prices from Casio’s internet page.

CT-X700 (MSRP: $259.99)

CT-X800 (MSRP$: 299.99) 

CT-X3000 (MSRP: $419.99)

CT-X5000 (MSRP: $799.99)

The difference in features between the 3000 and 5000 seems to be minimal. The same polyphony, the same amount of tones, the same amount of user tones, the same amount of rhythms, the same amount of DSP effects. Tye same keyboard.

The only real difference seems to be amplifier.

"Manufacturers suggested retail price."

Emphasis on "SUGGESTED" which means "not written in stone."

Try this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CTX5000--casio-ct-x5000-61-key-portable-keyboard

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CTX3000--casio-ct-x3000-61-key-portable-keyboard

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 3:22 PM, Bevburn said:

Thank you for your response. Wil take a look at those manuals. I really hope that it's  possible to adjust the splits layers level! 

I have the CT-X700 and I can confirm you cannot adjust levels of the layers or split.

Thanks for your response....

I decided to go with the ct x5000 instead if the 700 because of the power of the speakers and also the ability to adjust the splits and layers volume....

I liked the idea of the 700 because of the cost and due to the fact I had plan to use it to accompany, or sort of replace, my current keyboard that I use to teach students.

Bought it a couple weeks ago but it hasn't arrived in my country as yet. Should be due here by next week.. 

Maybe after some time with it I can do a little review sharing my thoughts on it..

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2018 at 4:49 PM, mirka said:

The best prices for the CT-X series in Europe right now (delivery in 20 countries),

https://www.gear4music.de/en/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Casio-CT-X5000-Portable-Keyboard/2A28,

Wow. The prices have dropped very fast. 334 euros for a CT-X5000 is insanely good deal. No reason to consider any of the other models or a similar PSR-E-series keyboard. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...