Video Files on Forum ×

Differences between CT-X5000 and CT-X3000

I'm putting this here because it will be a very common question.  I've put together the most comprehensive list of differences I can as of now.  There may be other minor differences.    

In addition to everything in the CT-X3000 (minus optional battery operation), the CT-X5000 adds....

8 additional system reverb types
4 additional system chorus types
5 additional system delay types 
User 4 band semi-parametric master EQ 
50 additional user rhythms
Modulation/assignable button
Tone and Rhythm category buttons

Lighted registration buttons
Line out terminal 1/4" x 2
Microphone input 1/4" 
Mic volume knob
Speaker system 15w x 2 (6w x2 for CT-X3000)

• Thanks 1

So the... 30000 is $150 cheaper but apart from a few things that no-one is ever going to notice unless it's pointed out (The DSP types) And a few things that not many people will use (The line-outs/microphone) The 3000 is also the same machine only cheaper and with some less options? (2x 6 watts vs 2x 15 well...)

C'mon man, I feel like you just said, "except for what's different, it's the same?" ;) 

If those features don't matter to you, then get the 3000. If they do, get the 5000. Personally, I want the line outs, the bigger built-in sound system, and the additional buttons and EQ, but I like the idea of the battery-powered option so I can take it anywhere. I have some time to decide though.

• Thanks 2

At only $500 for the 5000, I will NOT hedge my bets against needing a "few more things" against purchasing the 3000.

In other words, go LARGE, otherwise, you wind up trading in the 3000 for a 5000.

And at $600 LESS than the MZ-X500 and ALSO including the first generation AiX sound engine,
there is NO way that YOU or I, could possibly LOSE!

To repeat for the "cheap seats"-NOW you can get the LATEST sound engine, for the price of an AHL Powered WK-7600, from a few years ago, for the SAME PRICE!!!!!!

If THAT doesn't make your pocketbook happy, then I don't know WHAT will!

• 4 weeks later...

My local music shop In Beaconsfield UK has got the 3000 and 5000 side by side.   I’m going in on Saturday to have a play.   Main thing for me is the difference in sound quality from the bigger speakers on the 5000.   I don’t care about one working on batteries.   I’ll report MHO ! 

So I got to play the 3000 and 5000 side by side yesterday.   At comfortable volume about mid way I could not hear any difference at all.  Piano sounds down to C0 sound identical.   I was focusing on lower frequency stuff like Kick drum and basses.   No discernable difference in 6w vs 15w onboard amp/ speakers at normal listening levels and bearing in mind that your ears are 1m away from the speakers. You need the volume dialled up to just over half way to make the piano sound about the volume of a real piano.   

3 hours ago, George10 said:

So I got to play the 3000 and 5000 side by side yesterday.............   

Thanks for your report George.

So were you impressed by the 3000/5000? Is the sound as good as all the hype I've been reading? Bottom line is - are you going to buy one?

Alec.

Yes!   I bought the 5000 there and then.   The keyboard action is solid and the whole thing is well built.   I went for the 5000 rather than 3000 in the end because it’s got more front panel controls to get to sounds quickly, and also a mic input that you can add effects to and a mod button that I’m going to try to make work with the foot pedal input.    Very happy with my purchase £389 in the UK.   Easy to lose a couple of hours playing it as I did today.  I’ve had a Yamaha Montage 6 for the last 18 months, which is the current top of the range at £2000.  The Yamaha is deep - you can get lost in it for days. But the Casio is fun and instant and sounds surprisingly good.   

• Like 3

I still don't see these available in the US. I'm only seeing the CTX-700 which to my opinion at least is not a a step up enough from a comparable ctk7000 or 7200, or even from the lower-featured ctk6000, 6200, 6250. Why did Casio choose to dumb down the OS on the CTX700 from these older CTKs? and since WK6500, 660, and the 7500, 7600 are competitive with the CTX3000 and 5000 pricewise-aren't Casio kind of shooting themselves in the foot?  They seem to like to go forward an increment or two, then backslide somewhere else. sigh.

The CT-X3000 and 5000 were expected to arrive later than the 700.  I'm thinking we'll see them in the US by end of May.

3 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

CTX-700 which to my opinion at least is not a a step up enough from a comparable ctk7000 or 7200

I'm curious why you said that.

CTK-7200 is $350

CT-X700 is $175 

CT-X3000 is $300

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

The CT-X3000 and 5000 were expected to arrive later than the 700.  I'm thinking we'll see them by end of May.

Brad,  just as a heads up............CT-X3000/5000 are already available here in the UK.

On 5/6/2018 at 3:46 PM, George10 said:

So I got to play the 3000 and 5000 side by side yesterday.   At comfortable volume about mid way I could not hear any difference at all.  Piano sounds down to C0 sound identical.   I was focusing on lower frequency stuff like Kick drum and basses.   No discernable difference in 6w vs 15w onboard amp/ speakers at normal listening levels and bearing in mind that your ears are 1m away from the speakers. You need the volume dialled up to just over half way to make the piano sound about the volume of a real piano.   

I have only played the X3000 but i was thinking of maybe getting the X5000 for suposedly a better/cleaner sound with 15 watts (mic input/pedal were of no interest to me).

I am sticking with X3000 then. Thanks for making me save 100 euros !

To Brad-maybe I'm being too picky and without having played one to hear if the sound engine is that much better-but there are no drawbars, the screen is the same as the earlier CTK/WKs, which if other factors are a big improvement, I can see this might be a better choice. And the improved speaker system might push me over. So these would seem to be (somewhat) closer to the next generation of WK6500, WK6600 which still come on retail around 300 US dollars new.

In the US, if you watch carefully Amazon and eBay sometimes sell off new or late model CTK and WK keyboards at lower than retail prices. I am watching a few WK6600s right now on eBay that are less than 300 dollars, but these are used of course and have no drawbars. and the CTK6000, 6200, 6250  with no drawbars are tops 200.00 US new, sometimes less.  I have not seen any CT-X3000 or 5000 US retail prices by the usual vendors yet although some are offering a pre-order price of 299.00 which was dropped from 399.00 for the CTX3000, the 61 key model. So the competition window is pretty close, Now if these had the beautiful larger touchscreen as do the much more expensive new Casio arrangers, that would make a huge selling point difference-if Casio kept the same price. Which I admit is unlikely! And it makes it tough to make me part with the XW-P1 for the CTX3000 or 5000 which although is an entirely different animal, is alot more funner with the drawbar, percussion and leslie speed settings. it's no Hammond but for me at least the drawbars are a real plus.

7 hours ago, mirka said:

I have only played the X3000 but i was thinking of maybe getting the X5000 for suposedly a better/cleaner sound with 15 watts (mic input/pedal were of no interest to me).

I am sticking with X3000 then. Thanks for making me save 100 euros !

I was afraid that review would make it seem like a 30 watt sound system wasn't a step up from 12 watts.  Don't forget that the CT-X5000 has a user adjustable 4 band parametric master EQ.  The 30 watt system can have more of what you want for whatever situation if the adjustable master EQ is used.  The CT-X3000 has a few preset master EQ curves, non adjustable. It all depends on what you need and what's important to you.

I hope, with the time, i will find a shop that has both the X3000 and X5000 standing next to each other so that my ears tell me if the X5000's speakers are in my case, worth the (substantial) extra cost !

I had exactly the same plan when I went into the shop:   Play the 3000 and 5000 next to each other and hear whether the sound difference was worth £90 extra.   But on the day, although I couldn’t hear and appreciable difference at normal listening volume, it was the little things that made me go 5000, like the extra buttons that allow you to select sounds and drums quicker.  Also the mic input.    Also, don’t think of it as spending £300 vs £390.  Think of it as investing £390 and owning the 5000 for a couple of years then selling it for £240, vs investing £300 and owning the 3000 for a couple of years and selling it for say £180.   You have owned the better keyboard for £30!  

On 5/6/2018 at 11:57 PM, George10 said:

Yes!   I bought the 5000 there and then.   The keyboard action is solid and the whole thing is well built.   I went for the 5000 rather than 3000 in the end because it’s got more front panel controls to get to sounds quickly, and also a mic input that you can add effects to and a mod button that I’m going to try to make work with the foot pedal input.    Very happy with my purchase £389 in the UK.      

George,

now that you've had your 5000 for a week and presumably time to play with it, are you pleased with your purchase?

I have looked and found zero reviews by new owners of it. I'm pretty sure that I'll be following you and handing over my £389 soon!

Alec.

Hi / Someone can me answer?

How does switching between 8 banks work?
How it all works on the CT-X 3000/5000?

The CTK 7200 sometimes has a delay when switching banks.

Nowhere is there a detailed review of the new synthesizers.
I think without a detailed review there is no way to buy and order new models.