Video Files on Forum ×

Sunshine!! Flowers!! Happiness!! Awwwwww!!

https://youtu.be/u2NhGxMDsIQ

https://youtu.be/u2NhGxMDsIQ

A lot of the stuff on my keyboard tapes is too goofy to be put on YouTube. This is almost too goofy mainly because of the slightly annoying high pitched tone in the accompaniment. With the CT-390 you couldn't remove things like that. But this is so bright sounding and I like the chords in it so I put it on. It fits the time too, I'll make this my Salute To Spring And Summer, which cannot come too soon.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:39 AM, m10538 said:

I tried to make one of those links that shows the YouTube video playing here on CMF, I see others have done that. Can somebody tell me how to do that?

You have to paste the full link here, that is all. You used an abbreviated Youtu.be link

I took apart my 390 and my Yamaha PSR-190 and joined them together along with a guitar effects pedal and stereo mixer back in 2001. I'm going to get it out pretty soon and see if it still works, I'll take a picture then. I haven't played any keyboard for many years. My woodworking hobby overtook my keyboard hobby. I made a wood frame for them both to fit inside of. You should see it, it's pretty crazy!

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 10:58 AM, Brad Saucier said:

Can you post a pic of that keyboard?

Well, here it is: my bizarre keyboard grafting experiment covered with 17 years of dust. I don't know what in the world I was thinking! This thing is even more ridiculous looking than I remember! It's 4 feet long, I can barely pick it up. Looks like I kept the stereo mixer outside and put 2 guitar pedal effects in it. The power transformers are long gone, I'll have to buy new ones.

I was able to give my Casio MT-100 to a child who wanted a keyboard and couldn't afford one. That was nice. I planned that kind of thing for this but now that I see it, oooo, I don't know. If I can even get the Franken-keyboard working again I'll have to write a new manual on how to work it.

You know, when you think about it it's actually a beautiful thing: two competitors in the keyboard market Casio and Yamaha, here they both are, merged together, making music as one. Awwwww! I'm getting teary eyed!!

IMG_20180413_084002.jpg

IMG_20180413_084019.jpg

IMG_20180413_084153.jpg

IMG_20180413_084257.jpg

IMG_20180413_084349.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here's an update on Frankenkeyboard: I regret to have to tell you that...(sobs)...it's no longer with us. I did what I could to save it but...

The main problem is a few keys won't sound unless you press really hard, I messed up the pressure alignment or whatever it's called. Let this be a lesson to you! Don't take you're keyboard apart and try to graft it together with other things! I learned my lesson the hard way!!!

Hmm, I wonder...if I took the toaster..a lamp, yeah!...and that old sewing machine........

This is a worthy experiment-re-examining my XW-p1..........perhaps not. But still, amazing design. Looks almost like a Hammond/suzuki, after the design team had a little too much saki and .......were angry at the Yamaha designers and tried to get back at them. But seriously, this is impressive. Not for carrying on the road, but.....thanks for posting this. One of my students had a piano maker make a beautiful wood case for his CDP200 digital piano, complete with music rack and locking closing top. great minds think alike, nw if only I could get one.....:waaah: