Video Files on Forum ×

Meaning of "T1" and "T2" when editing certain parameters

Tom Georges

Hi - I recently acquired a PX-5S and was curious about the meaning of "T1" and "T2" that I see when editing certain parameters.  An example is when assigning a Target to a controller like a slider when doing an edit of a Stage setting.  I see that you can have separate targets for T1 and T2 - but what in the world is that?  I've searched this forum and also the manuals but can't find anything about these.

Here are a couple of photos of the display showing the same parameter but with T1 and then T2 selected (by going left or right with the zone select buttons)

20180409_130750.jpg

20180409_130755.jpg

20 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

T1 and T2 means exactly what you have noticed, Target 1 and Target 2.  That means one slider, for example, can control 2 different parameters at once, like hex layer tone layer 2 volume and layer 3 volume.  The possible combinations of parameters are vast and useful for all sorts of tricks.

Ah - interesting!  Thanks so much, Brad!  I didn't even consider that possibility.  Lots of power under the hood of this beast!

• Like 1

Looking again at the manual, this information is indeed there - I just didn't notice it.  When I searched, I searched for "T1" and "T2" but that doesn't actually appear anywhere - it's "Target 1" and "Target 2" as you said (on top of page E-8 in the "User's Guide (Tutorial)" manual.