Video Files on Forum ×

someone please help- Casio Px-5s hangs with Logic

gogoriviera

This issue started with the original pedal that came with PX- I am connecting with USB- I used it this way for about a month and a half with no issue- this just recently started happening- the interface I have is Focusrite 2i2- the usb  cable is coming right from the computer though- not the interface - the yamaha pedal works fine until usb is plugged in- as soon as I open Logic- the pedal hangs.  The original pedal just stopped working altogether.

Also - i reinstalled Logic- still hangs- I opened garageband- doesn't hang?

This is baffling- I only use Logic- and I can't record anything with this keyboard because of this issue

Thx

If Brad's suggestion works, you could do some filtering in Logic. It has very powerful MIDI tools but working with them is an advanced subject. Turning off high resolution MIDI on the PX-5S is relatively easy, but if for some reason you wish to leave it on, Logic's MIDI capabilities will probably work for you. Let us know what you find.

turning off High res doesn't solve this-I have no idea what to filter?  If I filter out sustain- then sustain won't be recognized. - I went to reset category in 'Midi" in preferences and checked midi cont 7 for sustain in both internal and for external instruments- nothing same problem  This is a devastating problem- I can't use this keyboard with Logic-- Ive had this keyboard for about 2 months and first month and a half did not have this problem

I contacted Apple support- They are awesome- got me right to a Logic Pro person- he had me disable all control surfaces in preferences- fixed the problem.  I use softie console one- but everything seems to be working again!!- I also trashed  the control surface preference file- will have to restart - and maybe that would have solved it too- but for the time being- the disabling all control surfaces fixed it-  Thx for everyones help

• Like 1