Video Files on Forum ×

Casio px5s

ThePianist

Hello everyone

I recently bought the casio px5s. I am impressed by its sound. The piano sounds very nice and also the many 
effects and hex layers are cool. But there are a few things that I dont like very much. First, the " 3 sensor scaled hammer action"  seemed like
a good feature, but... the key action is too slow. The key does not come  back fast enough in his rest position. I've played quite a few pianos and concert grands.

Bossendorfer imperial, yamaha, schimmel, steinway... and not a single one has this  slow 'hammer respons'. ( Even my 'cheap' acoustic  Yamaha budget piano hasn't.)

Playing classical pieces , thrills and repeating the same noteis rather difficult for me. Has every privea model this same action? And something else that I worried about is the guarantee of 1 year.

Why is it only one year? And does this product still get suported? (firmware  updates, new sounds...) 
Otherwise its a great products...!

Sorry for my English. 

In any case, thans for the help!

You can try several things.  Reduce touch response to light in system settings.  That might help you play lighter and faster. You could also try reducing dynamic range by editing the tone and reducing amp velocity sense a tad.  That will keep the volume level more consistent without loosing much expression.  Another thing that may be happening is hammer response time is too long for your taste.  Try adjusting that shorter in stage setting editing.

Thank you for your response! And how can you play wav files on the casio?  I had exported a .wav file (16 bit) with audacity. I placed it in the
folder 'MUSICDAT' and named it: 'TAKE01'. First I turned the casio of,  then I plugged the usb in the casio, turned it back on. next, I pressed the ' Audio recorder/media' button.
The name 'TAKE01'  pops up, but then it says 'wrong file'.  It won't work... I also can't record my songs. I hope it's not an issue...