Video Files on Forum ×

Phones output to -- in AUX amp ???

Can I connect ( CTK 7200 )  from the headphone output to the in AUX amp? ( ( music Center )

In the instruction Casio CTK 7200 it is not written. There are only - headphones.

But the instruction on the CT-X 3000/5000 says that you can connect from the headphone output to in AUX.

Brad Saucier

Thank you so much.
I have a cable. 1/stereo mini jack - 2 for in AUX ( L and R )
But I was afraid to connect myself. Because the instructions do not say about this.

I want to try to connect to the music center.
I know that me need to minimize the loudness on the keyboard.

I tried.
The output of the phones does not give pumping to the in AUX amp.
It is necessary to increase the volume on the keyboard to almost the maximum.

I do not know if it's okay?

Although everything works fine.

Only the volume on the keyboard should be added to the maximum.

Do not burn the amplifier on the keyboard?
I do not know what resistance there should be.

Just now, Jokeyman123 said:

What are using as in AUX amp? Are you saying you are using an external aucio amplifier, or are you trying to plug the Casio CTK into it's own auxiliary audio input jack? I am not sure what you mean by "music center". If you describe this I'm sure there is a solution.

example.

Home audio system LG DM5360K

I only have a cable.
1 stereo jack - 2 x RCA

I know that it is possible through the linear output of the keyboard.
But I do not have a cable 2 mono - 2 RCA

OK-the auxiliary input in a home stereo receiver is "high impedance" which means you should be able to plug the headphone out of the CTK into the auxiliary input of the amp-generally most home stereos are like this. Make sure you are using a stereo "Y" cable with a stereo headphone pin on one end, and I guess the amplifier uses typically RCA input jacks-2 for stereo unless this is not a stereo amplifier. After studying the manual for the LG home music center-I see this should work. Check the "surround sound" settings on the LG too. These might be giving the effect of losing some volume, just a guess. And it is possible that the CTK is not putting out the right "impedance" to get sufficiently loud-it should be loud enough to fill a big room with this LG stereo I have had other keyboards connected like this and I could get it pretty loud.. Have you tried other external audio sources, such as a portable CD player, or mp3 player or similar? with the same Y cable if you have a laptop computer, plug its headphone out jack into the LG and see what happens if you have any playable mp3 or midi files on your laptop. it can't do any damage, and if the volume is still pretty low then you know it is  not the CTK keyboard.

• Like 1

Jokeyman123
Thank you.
I tried to connect PC in AUX.

The keyboard works fine the same way, no problem.
Me just need to add the volume on the keyboard.

Okay.
The main thing I got the answer is that I can use the output of the keyboard phones.
I was afraid to damage the amplifier on the Casio CTK 7200.
Therefore  asked the forum.

---------

I'd better buy another cable. )
2 mono jack - 2 RCA

Yes, no harm can be done like this. Here is the type of cable you need, just one example from eBay US listings, but these are pretty easy to find elsewhere. I have several since these come in handy for alot of uses with stereo and other music equipment.  Glad to help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25ft-1-8-3-5mm-AUX-Stereo-to-2-RCA-Male-Audio-Y-Cable-Adapter-Cord-MP3-iPod/122387042352?hash=item1c7ed61030:g:KDQAAOSwTuJYvzH~

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the cable and plugged it in through the line output.
Everything is working fine.

Note.

For information -  need to disable the speakers in the keyboard settings.
Then a sound appears on the line output.
Adjustment of a sufficient output level - is made by means of loudness of the keyboard.

If you want to play only on the keyboard.
Turn off the power to the external amplifier and do not forget to include the speaker in the keyboard settings.