Video Files on Forum ×

Ecossaise

This is the Beethoven piece. A short dance apparently Scottish in origin. Very nice ssluytov. So you like the Yamaha more than the Casio? Keys feel nice (tried one in a church seemed pretty good). Still I am managing pretty well with the Casios and I've been working out on some stride, barrelhouse and boogie stuff , some jazz pieces and a few classical pieces, seems pretty responsive to me.

16 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

This is the Beethoven piece. A short dance apparently Scottish in origin. Very nice sslyutov. So you like the Yamaha more than the Casio? Keys feel nice (tried one in a church seemed pretty good). Still I am managing pretty well with the Casios and I've been working out on some stride, barrelhouse and boogie stuff , some jazz pieces and a few classical pieces, seems pretty responsive to me.

I still have PX 360. The Roland FA 08 has been traded for Montage. It is interesting to see the approaches different brands take. 
I cannot say I did not like FA, just do not have enough space to keep all of the instruments.

In the digital world, Privia is very good in terms of sound quality but my family hates noisy keys this is why it has settled down in a garage.

I would say playability on PX and Montage is equal. Montage feels a little bit more solid. No cheap tricks like textured film :) I never could get it. White keys suppose to be ivory, not wood.

For lessons, PX is definitely sufficient. I am saying that while activity going through the education process for 4 years. I am right now at 1/3 of what can be achieved in this program (8 more years to go).

I can play the same piece (Ecossaise) on the PX and put it side by side.

Thanks guys. I've been going over the Wikipedia L.v.B. profile looking for things I don't have yet, haven't got those yet. I like that mini sonata idea though. Would be like Debussy's Petite Suite, short really bright cheerful movements. Maybe you could create that sslyutov, a la Beethoven?

This piece is in one of my piano books, along with other shorter pieces like this from variuos composers which is how I knew it. I'll look it up and post inf about the book. and yes, when you spend your lifetime composing, without the distractions of TV, smartphones, computers and other amusing distractions, people used to be able to do things like this. In my college's music library (I volunteered to re=-organize it years ago on a work scholarship) imagine my surprise when I saw the Bach literature alone was about 3 feet longg on the shelf-and this was just JS Bach, not all his relatives who pretty much were all over Europe at that time! Yes can be pretty overwhelming. Now imagine a professional solo piano artist, who must learn at least a sizeable portion ot this literature. Guess that's why Glenn Gould only lived into his fifties-he wore himself out just mastering his Bach repertoire-the Inventions, Preludes and Fugues and French Suites alone could take a lifetime to learn to play, even if you are a prodigy or genius (Gould was) And this is only Bach...sigh.....

• Like 1