Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 internal pics-beware!

Jokeyman123

In case you wish to void your warranty or are just plain bored, here are some internal pics I have from my recent px560 repair due to mashing one of the control knobs and rendering it rather useless. Don't do this unless you 1) ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO CHOICE   2) HAVE NO WARRANTY  3) are very experienced with electronics repair  AND 4) have alot of free time to do nothing else. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.........:hitt:                                                                                          

Top panel left side                                                                                                                     Top panel right side

1401431025_open2.jpg.e13817b0732a4f8d7e19f0946fe49834.jpg                image.jpeg.8a0e23ddc461bf72a5d35b3d86b32361.jpeg

Top panel center view and part of Armageddon work area-notice effective musical coffee mug.......a necessary part of my toolkit

image.jpeg.2ff74ea783a8f1909441242ca0dc546c.jpeg

Circuit board under LCD panel                                                                                           Jack board to back panel

image.png.6ec220d0b4e986a43a99c90408a934dc.png                                   image.jpeg.ad52134364a15748e70169c00206d3bb.jpeg

Left main speaker                                                                            Left side tweeter

image.jpeg.94d1bc5f02a17ba5d76973cd4c1e8b1c.jpeg         image.jpeg.1ad054b781fd65dae5b044531928d864.jpeg

Right main speaker                                                                           Right side tweeter

image.jpeg.0ca10c707fcf8670c9bcff1c323ed162.jpeg            image.jpeg.de2b4ad01ee7534a457a3eb7910c5606.jpeg     

That's all folks, i think I've robbed enough bandwidth for now.....happy happy.  

• Like 1

To Brad-thank you for allowing this post. I made very clear that this should not be done unless you are experienced and have no warranty. I am also adding the caveat-bring it to Casio service first if you can before even thinking about doing anything like this. Although I posted a little tongue-in-cheek I am definitely serious about the warnings, so I hope I did the right thing here. I'm thinking after reading many posts that there are Casio owners in many areas that have no recourse to any kind of technical help and I decided to go forward with this information in a responsible way. and yes I did manage the repair-I did not show that clearly but the 3 knob control is one small circuit board that had cracked and I did do a very difficult solder repair of the broken traces. There were 2 traces needing repair of the 3 for each control knob so was not an easy repair and I have training and experience re soldering and reading schematics.

And in response to Luciano and others-if you need additional help, either post here or send a PM to me here and I will do what I can. A quick outline in order to remove the top-and this is valid with my PX350 and probably similar Privias to those who may need to know....

1) Remove 2 screws holding the end caps in place-careful removing the cap with the mod and pitch wheels as these are attached with a wiring harness and do not nee to be removed but can easily be damaged if you aren't careful.

2) Look for 2 more screws up under the inside of the frame on the sides where you removed the end caps. These fasten the top panel from it's sides.

3) With the PX upside down on a soft surface, or standing on its end if you prefer, remove all the underside screws except the 2 rows under the key assembly-these can remain unless you are going to remove the entire keybed. The top will come off without doing this. There are over 20 screws-fortunately all are the same size and this helps expedite not getting screws mixed up. You will have to remove the small square plastic covers underneath that are covering very important screws sunk inside the bottom case. I use a magnetic screwdriver or some poster putty on my screwdriver to remove these because it is easy to drop these inside the PX and you will have difficult time retrieving screws if this happens.

4) Finally with all screws removed, carefully turn keyboard right side up while holding the top from falling loose-mine was still stuck in place but yours could come loose now and severely damage your PX, as many wiring cables and harnesses are connecting the top to the bottom assembly. Very carefully and gently, ease the top from the bottom-I started with the front first and gradually lifted the back after getting the front part raised a bit. If you have gotten this far-you can now flip the top open as you see in my pics. Support the top panel so it can not fall further backwards-again this could damage wiring and harnesses so repeating-work slowly and carefully. This is a good time to check all assembly screws internally-screws that fasten the key assembly, the key retaining assembly on top and any and all circuit board mounting screws as well as screws fastening the speakers.

Again a warning-DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE AND CANNOT GET TECH REPAIR FROM CASIO! I have had tech repair performed by Casio but I am within driving distance of Dover, NJ which is their US headquarters. So I decided had I not been able to repair this on my own, I could avail myself of their tech repair services which helped me decide to repair it myself, I felt sure they'd have my back. and knowing from experience this might be a minor repair and not a system failure, that I might be able to do this myself.

Thanks to Brad and other administrators Joe and Mike Martin especially-who have been so  wise as to keep this probably the most supportive user group I've been privileged to join-aside from my "Aid to the Chronically Dysfunctional Comedy" support group. it takes special people to tolerate Jokeyman!

My support group hard at work!      :waaah:    :banghead:     :hitt:     :taz:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Luciano, let me know how this works out for you, You can PM (personal message) me here if you need any other help. and again, I am not an authorized Casio service tech-but have had technician training, so do not do this unless you absolutely have no other options. I won't accept responsibility if you damage anything (a lawyer told me to say that). :waaah:Here he is.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Jokeyman,

Not sure if this should come out as a different post. But in short I want to actually replace the usb-B female as I see that the piano isn't getting recognized by my pc. The cable seems to be fine when I checked continuity. moreover the piano port is shaky. I think I might want to open up the 560 that I have which is out of warranty. Although I was trying to construct what screw goes where and tried reading up, I started off with trying to remove the side screws. The end caps didn't come out followed by which I removed one of the deep screws thinking it might be holding it. I am not sure if I'm even heading in the right direction. I have a figure which annotates the screws I'm not sure how to upload it here. It's quite elaborate and can help a lot of people given that you have the knowledge about opening the piano that most of us don't seem to have.

Edited by Superman

Hey-I just noticed this post-yes i can help a bit-although I never diagrammed what I did-I have pictures posted here but not sure that's necessary. One important detail-based on the diagram you posted above-if you need to get to the back connectors-you DO NOT need to take out all the screws. I'll try to describe what to do.

You will simply need to hinge up the top center control panel-and the 2 side speakers will need to be hinged up too-I might be remembering incorrectly on that though-Ok not so simply. Row F-in the back-the recessed screws in that row need to be removed. I have to get by my Privias to remember with certainty as far as the other screws underneath-you do not need to remove row "B" and "C" as these hold the keybed in place-and unless you need to do a complete replacement or repair-this can stay in place. There is one very critical part I see missing in this diagram-to get the top off-you need to take off the little plastic hatches underneath-and you will see another row of screws deeply recessed in between the key mechanism-row "D" in this diagram-I think I needed to get row "E" off too. Unfortunately these are the hardest to get to-you can see a detailed description in my older posts above, but if you don't take these off the top will not come off. and go over my description of how to remove the side panels-watch for theose screws in little plastic recesses right near the top of the speaker frames. The 350 and 560 are very similar sructurally at least. and careful not to strip the screws-these are all plastic anchors can easily strip if wound in too tight. and be careful when you lift off the top-a few of the ribbon connectors can easily be pulled out, or worse broken. the cables can be replaced, but the connectors-well that would be much more difficult so be careful.

Jokeyman123,

Since, I don't have much experience on this, I found it a little hard to comprehend and moreover I was prevented from commenting more than once a day + no uploading images+ no messaging which was quite disappointing. But I did find a casio authorized center nearby luckily and got it repaired as I was convinced that I don't have the expertise in opening this although I can do soldering stuffs. 

Smart move-I have tech training and experience with many other boards and other electronics-you did the right think IMO to get a service center to do this. I only post for people who may not have service centers where they are-and who might feel confident enough to do the work-and have no warranties left. Even then, i would encourage factory service with no warranty if you have access.

These posts go out everywhere, I am aware of that-and not everyone has access to any kind of service facilities at all. A friend of mine has been in the National Guard on active duty for over a year with the pandemic for example-and he never knows where they will send him next-if he needed any kind of repair on anything-it would be practically impossible, he would (and has had to do) repair work himself, unless its part of his military gear-and sometimes not even then. Because no-one wants to go back to work-i can't even get my roof repaired, or gutters cleaned. My regular mechanic even pleaded for me to go somewhere else, they are short of help and so back-logged!