Video Files on Forum ×

Poll: Is This The Sappiest Thing You've Ever Seen/Heard?

You know, I feel so awkward commenting on anyone's music because I lack the entire background, and most of the conversation here goes way above my head.

I can tell you what I think about it, but please take this with a grain of salt...  I like the arrangement and the video.  I'm not familiar with the equipment, which I guess is very versatile.  How does it compare with a regular keyboard with rhythm like my PX780?

Anyway, what I expect in a song/piece is to have some "direction", meaning that I like a melody line that is identifiable, "hummable" (a term you used and I agree), etc.  It should have a beginning, a development, and an ending.  Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's what I like. The piece above has beautiful sounds, but they don't seem to go anywhere.  There's a beginning of a theme around the 3 minute point that is happy and bouncy and could be developed into something more elaborate.  Just a thought...

This was another "intro" on my tapes, Sergio. After it was the main thing which just isn't good enough to put out. This passed the test because it's bright and cheerful.

I have no idea what modern keyboards are like. I played the ct-390 in the 90's. No midi, no memory, and whatever else new ones have.

Thanks for the comment!

• Thanks 1

m10538-many musicians have made careers with alot less creativity than this! Not to compare.

Remember what Thad Jones taught me, there is only good or bad music, but you have to decide which is which! I say, keep creating, don't be overly concerned what others say although creative feedback can be very helpful, being in a musical vacuum is not necessarily good either, why I like this forum group so much.  You will always be your own best critic. I like it!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jokeyman. I'm actually not playing a keyboard anymore, these are all recordings from the late 80's to 2000. I had fun recording them then, now I have a little hobby of making videos for them. They were never even meant to be heard, but I thought "what the hell"... I never thought anybody would hear these, it's been nice getting positive comments like yours, thanks!