Video Files on Forum ×

My "Rebound Practice" with the CT-X5000

This tune is originally written by Floyd Cramer, called "On the Rebound.  For those of you who know this song, you'll notice I start cold somewhere in the middle and head straight to the end.  I'm basically just practicing a part of the song that I've been trying to nail.  I like to record my efforts so I can better hear where I need more work.  I also like playing along to the keyboard drum rhythm so it helps me develop a good sense of timing.  The drum pattern is the preset 058 Funk Groove and the piano tone is Bright Piano with a slight edit to EQ and release time.  This video was after about 400 tries at playing it.  LOL.  

• Like 2

Not familiar with the song, but very cool...  👍  I do the same thing, recording, listening, fixing, recording again...  But I'm trying to play "unplugged" now, without rhythm, to try something different.  The advice from m10538 was right on the money, but I need practice...

• Like 1

Nice chops! Floyd Cramer-the king of country piano with the famous "Floyd" licks-nicely played. This also shows very nicely how even the non-piano action Casios have such a nice feel that piano chops still can work out pretty well-the "Chicklet" or "waterfall" keys respond quite well to piano hands IMO, and you show that here. So only the drum rhythm is accompanying you right? You are playing left hand octaves live sounds like.