Video Files on Forum ×

Reaper DAW with PX-560

kybdsammer

I am slowly learning how to use Reaper DAW with the PX-560.  At first I wasn't sure if you could easily do this, but now I see it is possible and opens some exciting new options for me.  I noticed there are patch scripts available for download from Casio:

Since I could not find a patch script for Reaper yet, I did some research and finally figured out how to create my own .reabank file.  It works fairly well, but it takes a while to create the file since the sound program and bank select numbers are not sequential in the Appendix manual.  Has anyone come across an existing patch script for the PX-560 or know if one is coming from Casio?  If not, any suggestions on an efficient way to create the .reabank file?  Thanks.

I have Reaper and use it-I discovered it awhile ago-with a plugin from the Roland VS user groups, I  converted my VS-840GX to read/write CF cards instead of the zip disks, take the arrangements from the VS into the computer with a cf card reader-and now play, edit and add tracks with whatever I've recorded in the VS with Reaper-it reads the VS tracks perfectly, the only software I know that can do that, made me keep my old VS. So Reaper, yes. Deep but well supported.

The bank and program changes on the PX560 are a little unusual but I don't believe there is a standard for bank changes as there is for program changes generally-I did some research because I realized the PX350 defaulted to bank 0 or 1 forget which to play midi files-used the GM standard midi map, so people complained the PX acoustic/electric pianos sounded poor, when in reality the software was playing the GM pianos, rather than the higher quality stereo pianos which as you know are in different banks. I used Mike's remap for the PX5s on my older PX350 after I tried to create my own file for that keyboard and lost patience. So I will check out your work on my 560- with Reaper.

Yikes you must have patience! This is not an easy task. There used to be a small software program called .idf which created "instrument definition files" for any keyboard you could imagine and I did this for some of the older multi-track keyboards-not fun!. So thanks. Much!

:www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance:     :2thu:

• Thanks 1