Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X5000 Appenices docs - other formats?

BFG

Just purchased the CT-X5000 for my stepson who is musically gifted but has learning difficulties. However trying to use the appendices which list all of the tones, rhythms, etc which are only available on large A2 sized sheets which are not really useful as a quick reference tool and this is causing him to get stressed and frustrated and I'm sure others may feel similar frustration. The downloadable PDF copy (also in A2) is password protected so you cannot export the tabular data into something like Word or Excel where you could have more control over how the data is presented. Personally I would have thought an A4 booklet would have been more usable as a quick lookup tool. Even better would be the option to have a digital copy available such as a CSV file which could be used in Excel and thus enable users to trim down and organise these massive lists to suit our individual preferences. I have approached Casio UK support but all they can say is that they have passed on my concerns to head office and we all know where that usually ends up! I have resorted to laboriously typing out the tones and rhythms so that my stepson has a handy A4 reference tool to readily locate what he is after. Curious why Casio have chosen such a cumbersome format to provide this important data.

• Like 1

I've always been able to copy and paste from them on my phone.  I'm sure there would be a way to do it on computers as well.  

PIANO (CATEGORY : 01)

001 STAGE PIANO 0 1 DSP 4
002 GRAND PIANO 0 3 4
003 BRIGHT PIANO 1 1 DSP 4
004 MELLOW PIANO 0 2 DSP 4
005 AMBIENT PIANO 0 39 DSP 4
006 POP PIANO 0 32 DSP 4
007 ROCK PIANO 1 2 DSP 4
008 DANCE PIANO 1 3 DSP 4
009 LA PIANO 1 4 4
010 TACK PIANO 0 33 4
011 MONO PIANO 0 4 4
012 HONKY-TONK 1 3 32 4
013 HONKY-TONK 2 3 34 DSP 4
014 OCTAVE PIANO 1 3 33 4
015 OCTAVE PIANO 2 3 35 4
016 GRAND PIANO WIDE 0 5 4
017 STRINGS PIANO 0 34 4
018 PIANO PAD 0 35 4
019 MODULATED PIANO 0 36 DSP 4
020 VOICE PIANO 0 37 4
021 NEW AGE PIANO 0 38 DSP 4
022 AMP E.GRAND 2 34 DSP 4
023 ELEC.GRAND PIANO 2 32 4
024 MODERN E.G.PIANO 2 33 4
025 HARPSICHORD 1 6 1 4
026 HARPSICHORD 2 6 32 4
027 COUPLED HARPSICHORD 6 33 DSP 

Thanks to Joe Muscara's tip (cheers Joe👍) I have finally managed to extract data from the password protected Appendices PDF. Can't understand why the UK version is protected but the U.S. one isn't??? Don't they trust us?

Anyway, after a few tedious hours of exporting, copying, pasting & manipulating I have managed to create an Excel workbook with all of the various tables with the exception of the Drum Assignment lists (I'm personally not that interested in these and life is too short to try and unpick that little lot). If this is of any use to anyone then please feel free to download the attached file. Each table is on its own page within the workbook and is simply arranged but should be possible for you to copy and paste into your preferred layout to suit your own requirements.

Hopefully there are no typos but please refer back to the original documentation if you have any queries.

Enjoy!

CASIO CT-X5000 Appendices.xlsx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/14/2018 at 10:31 PM, BFG said:

Just purchased the CT-X5000 for my stepson who is musically gifted but has learning difficulties. However trying to use the appendices which list all of the tones, rhythms, etc which are only available on large A2 sized sheets which are not really useful as a quick reference tool and this is causing him to get stressed and frustrated and I'm sure others may feel similar frustration. The downloadable PDF copy (also in A2) is password protected so you cannot export the tabular data into something like Word or Excel where you could have more control over how the data is presented. Personally I would have thought an A4 booklet would have been more usable as a quick lookup tool. Even better would be the option to have a digital copy available such as a CSV file which could be used in Excel and thus enable users to trim down and organise these massive lists to suit our individual preferences. I have approached Casio UK support but all they can say is that they have passed on my concerns to head office and we all know where that usually ends up! I have resorted to laboriously typing out the tones and rhythms so that my stepson has a handy A4 reference tool to readily locate what he is after. Curious why Casio have chosen such a cumbersome format to provide this important data.

I photo copied it all on A4 paper then laminated them. I had to do top and bottom of sheets as they were to big to do on A4. I wrote on top or botten on them and it's makes then easier to read better than those big sheets. 

• 1 year later...

I know you did this work some time ago, but I just got a CTX5000 and found your conversion to xlsx. I certainly appreciate the hours of labor you donated for the benefit of Casio users.  That file is a big help, especially compared to the thin and oversized sheet that came with the keyboard.  Imagine if Casio had been thoughtful enough to offer a spiral bound A4 size book on heavy paper. A carefully formatted file that interested users could have been printed, bound or laminated however they choose would have cost Casio only a bit of employee labor.

So far I am impressed by members here, and people on Youtube, who freely give of their time and effort to fill in the blanks that Casio left, well, blank.