Video Files on Forum ×

Casiotone MT-68

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first was a MT- 500, with 49 mini keys and four drum pads.  I think there were about 20 tones.  I was amazed by it as a 33 year old adult in the Spring of '87.

Found some pix.

I'm still mesmerized by the look of it.

mt 500 1.jpg

mt 500 2.jpg

2019728462_mt5004.jpg.6c7f7bd29bf439efc9a9edfae00f02d0.jpg

• Like 4

David Murray's "8 Bit Keys" channel covered the MT500 model and a couple of others in one episode. Great channel BTW!

I have an MT520 model, and also two pairs of SS-1 Sound Sticks. Fun to play with, though I have yet to incorporate them into my music.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I just purchased an MT-68. It's on its way. I worked at a music store in the late 70s and early 80s. We got one of these (MT-65) in before I left, and I remember it being lots of fun. I hadn't thought about it much until a few years ago when I started seeing YouTube videos demoing retro mini keyboards and having only good stuff to say about the MT-65/68. I finally found one on eBay that wasn't missing a knob and didn't cost an arm and a leg, so I bought it. It's amazing how a good design will hold it's value. I think these keyboards went for LESS new than they do now used! Crazy. 

• Like 5

• 10 months later...

My first ever keyboard was the Casio PT1 in a cream yellow with violet sharps and it was $51 back in 1986 when my mom got it. I did borrow a few keyboards from friends at school and my mom's friend: MT11, MT45, MT205 and HT700. I finally had my own polyphonic Casios later in my teen years and upto now in my old middle age.

Casio.. Where Miracles still.. never cease!

• Like 1