Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X 5000 where is Delay DSP?

ubartosz

Hi All,

I’m new to the forum, so first of all - greetings to everyone!

I was trying to add a simple tone repetition to a piano tone, but I can’t find Delay DSP (although it’s described in the manual). There are various DelayXXXXX which add additional effects... Has this DSP been removed?

Thanks for your help!

Bart

This is actually part of what makes the CTX series so good.  DSP in the CTX series works by chaining several effects blocks together on a single tone.  "DSP" is the general term we use to refer to this chain. "Module" is the term we use to refer to each effect block in a DSP chain.  Each module might be things like delay, distortion, phaser, etc.

When editing DSP on the CTX series, we are always starting with a preset DSP chain.  There are various combinations of modules in each preset, and various numbers of modules in each preset. The title of each "DSP" attempts to describe what that preset chain is comprised of.  For example, preset DSP 859 "DDrivAmp",  there are 4 modules in that one.  Drive>Drive>Mono 2-Band EQ>Amp Cab.  We can edit that DSP chain and turn off whichever modules we want.  We can turn off everything except Mono 2-Band EQ and be left with just EQ.  This is how you get to a simple delay.  Choose a preset that is close to what you want.  Preset DSP 831 "ReAmp5" has just two modules, one of which is delay, Distortion>Delay.  When editing, simply turn off module 1, distortion.  Now you have delay.  

To do this:  Press edit>cursor to DSP edit>(make sure it's on)>cursor to DSP Num>Dial number 831>Press enter>cursor left and right to see each module>press enter on module 1 distortion>turn bypass on.  That's it.  You should now have just delay.  

• 3 months later...

After reviewing of manuals I am still curious how DSP Edit works...

As I understand correctly, what can be manipulated/modified are DSP presets?

Module on/off and modification of module parameters?

There is something like DSP presets 801-900, which provided for editing - list with some details is available in one of the appendixes.

As far as I know presets 1-800 are available to editing, as well? Is there a list what DSP presets 1-800 contains?

After making adjustments to any DSP preset these modifications are then written and assigned to user edited Tone?

Is there an option to make your own set of modules in DSP and save it as user DSP preset (overwrite one of 801-900 DSP presets)?

Please someone clarify :)

5 hours ago, Soundioxide said:

As far as I know presets 1-800 are available to editing, as well? Is there a list what DSP presets 1-800 contains?

After making adjustments to any DSP preset these modifications are then written and assigned to user edited Tone?

Is there an option to make your own set of modules in DSP and save it as user DSP preset (overwrite one of 801-900 DSP presets)?

1.  Yes, all of the preset DSP effects are available for editing.  This includes the DSP effects and included with preset tones.  

2. DSP effects are edited and saved by editing preset tones and saving them as user tones.

3. No. It is not possible to choose your own modules in a DSP effect.  It's also not possible to overwrite preset DSP effects 801-900.  

55 minutes ago, XW-Addict said:

Oh this is kind of interesting. Are these DSP so much different then previous keyboards the concept of chains that is.

Yes.  The new DSP effects system is much more powerful than past models.  Each DSP preset is basically a chain of effects.  Casio is calling each block of the chain a "module".  Some of the presets use 4 modules at once.  

Hi Brad, I am curious to know. On the preset tones of the CT-X700, although of course the DSPs are non-editable, do these non-editable DSPs assigned to preset tones also consist of a chain of different effect modules?

Another question: I very much like the preset tone JS Organ but what on Earth does JS mean?