Video Files on Forum ×

Silent Night - Casio PX360 & Yamaha Montage

The Montage seems very nice-but how about something out of the PX360?  Would be interesting to hear Silent Night or some other example on one then the other? Do you have the 360 set up to be able to play like this-even an audio recording would be nice if you can. One question-does waltz accompaniment from the Montage work like the Casios-is it an auto-arranger or did you prepare the entire arrangement one part at a time? Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sergio said:

Very nice, Serge!  Sounds like a calliope...  I'm impressed with your setup.  

Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays!  Happy Hanukkah!

You are right.
I did suppress higher registers a little bit to make the sound softer and tried to spread a balance across.

Happy Holidays Everyone !!!

2 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

The Montage seems very nice-but how about something out of the PX360?  Would be interesting to hear Silent Night or some other example on one then the other? Do you have the 360 set up to be able to play like this-even an audio recording would be nice if you can. One question-does waltz accompaniment from the Montage work like the Casios-is it an auto-arranger or did you prepare the entire arrangement one part at a time? Thanks.

Waltz is 100% from Casio. It has been recorded as audio and played back at the final stage of the production. ;)

What you hear is actually mostly Casio with the solo part recorded on Montage.

I will try to find time to make a 100% Casio version of the piece.

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

That's the Waltz rhythm that premiered on the MZ-2000.  ☺️

Exactly right!

The arrangement is the original sound of PX and the style is as it comes with it.

It is a pure mix of Privia and Montage. I would say there are 70% of Casio and 30% of Yamaha.

Oh! OK, that's what I really wanted to know. Sorry, I didn't mean to give you more work to do! I get a little too wound up sometimes. It is very encouraging to see you playing the keys. With so few places to perform live music anymore (at least in my area nearby) it is good to see people working their craft at home-their music. Thanks again SSlyutov.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Oh! OK, that's what I really wanted to know. Sorry, I didn't mean to give you more work to do! I get a little too wound up sometimes. It is very encouraging to see you playing the keys. With so few places to perform live music anymore (at least in my area nearby) it is good to see people working their craft at home-their music. Thanks again SSlyutov.

Thank you!
I am extremely pleased to read such commentary!