Video Files on Forum ×

NAMM 2019 any clues on what casio is preparing?

AbeEscape

It appears that Casio has decided to target the home market much as it has through the years it has made musical instruments. To its credit,  Casio has been very successful producing low cost instruments that offer a lot of bang for your buck. The CTX line with the AIX  chip is far superior to anything they have made for the home market. But don't fool yourself, the marketing is still aiming for the pro market too. The same value proposotions-great sound, low price, light weight with pro features are all there. Remember also the higher end Celviano Grand Hybrid line is still alive and well and they still continue to make the PX5S , 560 and XW synths. So some pro style boards are still part of the mix. As a company their key value is offering low cost, great products at affordable prices and the CDP 350 looks like another winner to me.

I think the G1 is still made and sold by Casio America but probably has to be special ordered. It is also available on the used market.

It appears that Casio has decided to target the home market much as it has through the years it has made musical instruments. To its credit,  Casio has been very successful producing low cost instruments that offer a lot of bang for your buck. The CTX line with the AIX  chip is far superior to anything they have made for the home market. But don't fool yourself, the marketing is still aiming for the pro market too. The same value proposotions-great sound, low price, light weight with pro features are all there. Remember also the higher end Celviano Grand Hybrid line is still alive and well and they still continue to make the PX5S , 560 and XW synths. So some pro style boards are still part of the mix. As a company their key value is offering low cost, great products at affordable prices and the CDP 350 looks like another winner to me.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:14 PM, Chas said:

The FZ-1 (and FZ-10M/ FZ-20M rack modules), and also the VZ-1 (along with the VZ-8M/ VZ-10M racks) were definitely aimed at the pro keyboard markets. Both FZ and VZ were only ever offered as full sized pro level units. The high end digital guitar models - PG380, MG-500/510 were also pro level equipment.

The full sized CZ models (3000, 5000 and 1) were also aimed at the pro markets, though granted more at the budget end.

Along with the CZ / VZ / FZ series, I would also add the HT series (HT-6000, HT-3000...). Maybe not aimed or marketed to be as "pro" as the others, but otherwise very interesting and flexible models.

In the 80s Casio was definitely in the Pro market and released pro-level products, despite being often perceived as some kind of "Yamaha's poor cousin", but offering a really good value for money, as still does. I remember being a 10-year old child and having a poster of a CZ-5000 in my room and dreaming of having one. It looked so awesome! I had no idea about synthesis but the keyboard just looked fantastic, and the DX-7 was too expensive (and not so good-looking ;) )

• 2 weeks later...