Video Files on Forum ×

GM-instruments in rhythms...

MTapani

One thing that bothers my about the factory-rhythms on my MZ-X500 is the use of GM-instruments. Why make a good sound-engine and then for the most part, only use basic GM-sounds? Why Casio didn't update all the rhythms to include better instruments? Of course it's easy to edit them and that's what I usually do for my most-used rhythms but it doesn't give a good first impression of the instruments capabilities and sound-quality. Is the CT-X series any different or does those still use inferior GM-sounds in many of the rhythms?

Just listen to the new CT-X series and you'll see that the factory styles sound much better. The styles have been fine-tuned and use the sound of the new Aix sound engine. The MZ series can sound good, but it requires your own style work.  Casio Mz-x is sold out in many stores in Poland and can be bought at a good price. A few buyers have already written to me and cursed this key. They are surprised that the key of the Premium series (MZ-x 500) sounds so poorly. Casio MZ has cool sounds, great service but tragic sounding styles. Why didn't Casio update the styles, why didn't it bring the Global Rhythm styles to your memory? Everyone who bought this key and wrote to me quickly gets rid of it even at a much lower price, losing a lot. Unfortunately, comparing MZ-X styles to the Yamaha, Korg, Rolad Casio sounds like a cheap toy.  The Ct-X series is the right direction in Casio's development. I hope that a new model of the Aix series will come out with a colour display, sampleer and refined styles and will be a strong player on the market. I hope that Casio will listen to the voice of the users and will from time to time release new styles from different genres as the competition does. For now I have the impression that the company only cares about selling its products and then disregards us - you bought the Casio key, you have the Style Creator to do it for yourself.  Or maybe the company has not yet grown up to the service offered by the competition. May this change in the new year. Greetings and best wishes for 2019.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 4:55 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Have you installed the expansion pack rhythms Casio released for the MZX series?   

Yes I have and they sound much better. It's a bit strange that those were not available as factory presets. Seems like the arranger-side of this instrument was rushed and Casio didn't have time to upgrade all the sounds. 

On 12/30/2018 at 5:11 PM, Rick Sterling said:

One feature I still enjoy on my Korg PA is the ability to customize the factory rhythms without having to use up user memory.

Yup, that would be a great feature to have on Casio boards too. It takes up valuable space when I have to copy one of the preset-styles.