Video Files on Forum ×

User rhythms from other manufacturers

To SS and Petersohn-

I will post another ckf or 2, but I will use my own creations for an auto-arranger function, with intro endings, variations and fills. not that hard now that I've practiced and studied a bit more. And the mp3  i POSTED is using a "pattern" from a loop-based piece of hardware I modified to be playable on my PX560 repeating myself but I played the organ part live over the pattern. Thus it had no intro, ending or variations-it was one loop from beginning to end. I am working on a few others now with 1 intro, 1 ending, 2 variations and 2 fills as this is the PX560's structure for auto-arrangements and will post an original example as soon as I can get some more time.

The one limitation I am finding is that ac7 rhythms/arrangements can play more parts than the IDES 4.0 translator can create which only allows for 3 additional "obliggato" melody or chord parts in addition to drums and bass. But since much of the older equipment used similar structures, as long as I stay away from the newer more intricate arrangements, it is an interesting challenge to create some useful comps for a pattern with less parts. Most of the time, I prefer a simpler accompaniment as i worked with many bands consisting of trios and quartets for jazz and rock, and only infrequently with 5+ musicians. At my level of live performance experience (low to be sure) the more musicians, the more we had to split the pay! I'm sure this is NOT why Cream, ELP and the other power trios didn't add people to the group!