Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythms

jimwalker

Can you attach the song as an mp3? I'll listen and see what I can come up with. I'm sure there are others here who can help too. I have posted a few of my customized rhythms in ckf format here, but not for that specific song. and I'll have to check the file format for the ctx. I think it is not a ckf rhythm file but i could be wrong.

OK, listened on Youtube. This is the simplest beat-just bass on beats 1 and 3 and snare on 2 and 4. I don't even hear any cymbal beats but I might not have listened closely enough. Tempo sounds like around 124 bpm maybe a bit faster. I just downloaded a bunch of (rather more complex) beats in the PX560 download section in ckf format though, not sure the CTX can load them. You might have some fun with them if you can. Very "stylistic" though-you might not like them, I dunno!

• 7 months later...

By parts I mean introduction Style A, Style B chorus, ending.  I felt my answer wasn't clear.  Also one of the best discussions about tones is found in the Peavey Revalver 4 store

https://revalver.peavey.com/store/new  

which the store gives great discussions about how to describe many aspects of sound.  So I use it for that reason.  Peavey Revalver 4 has been around for 2 1/2 years with no updates on it, (that still doesn't mean it isn't any good, it's great but what I like about it is that on the speakers, they have chosen the best spots to place a variety of mikes with different sonics.  I find that much easier than Amplitubes free for all 3d design.  

I wanted to clarify what I wrote last night.  Groove Monkee produces drum parts (introductions, a parts b parts fills and endings for a wide scope of styles.  He uses the General midi format, but if the drums in Casio don't follow that format, he probably would be willing to create a drum mapping that does support this format.  

GrooveMonkee.com

I bought the MegaPack  midi bundle with all the midi drum styles and couldn't be more suprized at the wealth of different Genre's  and variety of styles.  Now I have to work with how to hear and fill beats through these things..