Video Files on Forum ×

Deep Space Calling

I spent Sunday morning in the garage playing PX-360.

Oh, the grand piano on it so good. ( never thought my garage has such good acoustics ;) )

It is 3 years old instrument now. When I bought it Casio provided an extended 3-years warranty which I did not use at all (a little bit more about it later).

Yes, Jokeyman123 this is y-m one of the performances from category FX-M  slightly modified. ( I would call it a band instead of performance, but yamaha calls it performance)

In some terms, 'm' is alike Ableton.

You program scenes and then actually playing using them during recording.(It is not an arranger as well - there are no complete sets ( intro .. ending ) for common music forms )

When it plays the recorded piece back it actually switches the scenes and applies all recorded MIDI commands.

At the same time, you can record everything in DAW as a straight midi for all participating tracks and then play them back the synth will play it exactly the same way.

All this may sound obvious but in practice, it is not always the truth.

vs Ableton, this DAW does not give you an option to perform during the recording of the sequence. (Ableton is different than most of the other linear sequencers. it records a sequence of the clips not just sequence of MIDI commands.)

The piece published above was one of the previously played ideas.  This weekend I was going through mini ideas saved but not realized to something more complete.

There were two options to delete it or to finish it. I have videos showing the dynamics of controls on the synth ( not sure whether I want to spend time on making that video )

Going back to PX360 grand piano and 3 years warranty ...

Everybody already tired of me saying the keys are noisy.

However 3 years ago I went to GC to trade it (this particular instrument) in for Roland FA 8 (because of the noisy keys).
I got half of a price I paid for the PX and invested it into a new instrument (brand new).
I came back home - this was a shock to me when I heard SuperNatural piano.
Maybe it is not so bad, but it is so much different I was not ready for it.
I have rushed up to call GC. I have explained everything ;) and asked those guys to get my PX back. 
I returned FA back and got my PX for the price of a sales tax(they had to make it officially)

This is not the end of the story but I have to stop.

Now it's sitting in the garage and makes me happy when I get time to play on it Sunday morning