Video Files on Forum ×

B#. Canon C PianoMarvel level 5

2 hours ago, m10538 said:

Very enjoyable, 👍! I enjoyed listening even though I was distracted by the pooch. What is he attacking, I wondered? Turns out just a tennis ball. I guess he was trying to play catch by himself with his human occupied!

Thank you!

He is playing with shadow from my hands

His name is Akayo

His is a border collie, in a couple of weeks we will celebrate his birthday(will be one year old. Feb. 20th)

Excellent left hand, must have taken a bit of work. Are you a lefty? is usually the weaker although many musicians are left-handed strangely enough including me.  Many players have trouble with the classics because the left hand one of the more enjoyable Canon performances. Glad you have an in-house music lover. My cats seem to like my playing too, but it depends upon what I'm playing. They like the classics. 

A quick question as I watch you play the Montage. Which key action do you prefer, the Casio I think you have the 360-or this one? I was pleasantly surprised by an older 88-key Motif in a church where I have friends which had a very quiet and smooth action and was surprisingly lightweight for an 88-key board. And thanks for sharing your playing. I am trying to get to the point where  I can do the same visually.

Well, 2 questions! What video equipment are you using for this, the quality is definitely clear for posting here. Camcorder, smartphone camera or something else?

OK, 3 questions! And what format do you need to save the video in order to post on Youtube?  I could look it up I guess but for this Casio website I would want to make sure it is a compatible format, and yes I'm being lazy. I guess if it plays through Youtube it is in a Youtube format.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Thank you!!!

I am not lefty. If I do technique lesson both hands get equal difficulty level. In methods, the right hand normally has to do more.

About action. I do not have a real preference. I like the most Roland. Roland RHA-4, Montage, and PX are all different and all good.

Roland is softer, Montage is straight hammer action without any additional features (however Yamaha has a different keyboard for real DP) and noisier than Roland, PX it's like keys are hanging in the air (very quick). 
If you are looking for the perfect action Kawai VCP1 would be the best (I think).

The camera is just Canon Rebel with a 15-88 lens(it is included in the basic camera kit). Wide enough angle to keep the camera not too far from the keyboard.
I tried iPhone it has a narrower angle. Also, 4K is not convenient to work with and huge, therefore I switched back to HD.

The camera records video in MOV file format.
The final format is mp4 (this is what I submit to youtube)

Video editing - you can use standard MovieMaker(on Windows). I buy some cheap editors from Corel time after time like Pinnacle  or Video studios.

As far as I understand you should not be able to submit larger files to any forum, therefore, people submitting references to other sources. 
In my case, I submit files to youtube or ReverbNation and publish here references to the files located on those resources(websites).

I agree-many classical pieces stay in a pretty confined range-Bach comes to mind. The Micrkosmos almost never goes beyond 2 octave, if that! Beethoven, the Romantics-that's different, much! Chopin, Lizst, Rachmaninoff liked to use as much of the piano as possible for show and because the pianos were better chromatically by then, although I think Berthoven's pianos were still not so good. And yes a good 61-key piano action, light like the Casios would be very useful.

Video OK-I have 2 Panasonic Lumixes, an FZ40 and older FZ30 that store video in mov format with very good glass lenses. I'll try those. Thanks again, appreciate your work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi nice performance, the Montage piano really is outstanding, which patch are you using?

Another question: could you give the reference of the book from which you learned the piece? Pachelbel’s Canon has been on my “to do” list for quite some time.

Regards.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sslyutov said:

Bosendorfer library.

there is some pad/organ is  added to it

I will check exact settings if still have it

pianomarvel.com

Thanks. I don’t need the settings since I don’t have the Montage (yet 😁) but I was curious to know the piano patch because it is really special. Many years ago I visited the Bösendorfer shop in Vienna... really something to do once in your life if you’re a piano lover.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vbdx66 said:

Thanks. I don’t need the settings since I don’t have the Montage (yet 😁) but I was curious to know the piano patch because it is really special. Many years ago I visited the Bösendorfer shop in Vienna... really something to do once in your life if you’re a piano lover.

Lucky you ;)

• Like 1