Video Files on Forum ×

CDPS350

Jokeyman123

The CDP-S100 is the new "basic" model, similar slim profile as the PX-S series. It replaces the CDP-135.

The CDP-S350 is like if you merged the CDP-S100 and the CT-X800 giving you 88 weighted keys, and all the sounds and rhythms of the CT-X as well as the display for only $100 more than the CDP-S100.

Both are currently only available at Guitar Center and affiliated stores in the U.S., I can't speak for other countries.

• Like 2

https://shop.scavino.it/casio-cdps350-bk-pianoforte-digitale-88-tasti-pesati-nero-con-ritmi.1.44.168.gp.103937.uw

Is available in shop nearby me, I suppose because for  EU countries the commercial strategies are different in respect to US/Canada.

By the way CDP-S100 is sold there at €439,00 and CDP-S350 is sold at €589,00  the price difference is a bit more than 100$ 

These were just released by some of the big vendors here in the US, I had forgotten all the posts-got them mixed up with the the 2000-3000 slimlines. Getting hard to keep track of all these! Still not ready to upgrade anything else-but then I do have the PX560. and just sold my old CZ230s. Need a little room for my other 50 instruments all over the place. My wife insists I take the 575 out of the bathroom, I can't understand this. it's just at the right height too. :P

• Like 1

I am wondering why the CDP-S350 has this ugly old-fashion LCD orange screen (like the Yamaha PSR E363 - uuugh!!!) instead of the very nice white screen of the CT-X700/800. 😱

Edited by vbdx66
Typo

Casio's design plans seem to show some consistency across product lines. I believe most of the earlier CDPs have this LCD configuration with the orange background-not entirely unpleasant-but I agree the white screen would tend to be more visible in dark venues-maybe too visible! I have more difficulty with variations in screen sizes. My old PX575 has a very visible and pleasantly large screen-as do many of the WK series-but this is a PX so why did the newer PXs go to the small 2-line display when this one was already in production?  probably more dependent on software design than parts interoperability I would guess. Otherwise I have no idea. Also makes it hard to replace with custom screens as I can with my  SY77 and already did with the MC-505.  

• Like 1

Looking this over on Casio's website-you are probably right-in a dark venue-orange is actually very good after trying this in a few different areas-something about that color that is a little easier on the eyes-and yes the LCD complements the case-certainly improves over my PX350 screen. Might consider this as a replacement for my older 575 once get a chance to play one. Since having all the these Casio hammer-action boards-i have never played as much as I do now-unlike the older hammer-action boards-i can tell you Joe-and others here-I am nor getting the hand and wrist fatigue I'd get with the older Fatar actions as in the (older) Kurzweil and Ensoniq boards I've owned. I would not mind trying out the newest ones here, although I can't imagine how the action could be better. Faster response possibly-but then anyone who has played a good grnd piano-the throw is pretty heavy and that's why I like the PXs-enough resistance to make it feel like a weightier action, less like an upright than a grand. I'll wait and see. Even the old PX575 action is better than the older Fatars, IMO. 

• Like 1