Video Files on Forum ×

Sounds for PX-560M

Abaid

Hi Friends

I recently bought a PX-560m and I haven't found too many tones for it. Can I use tones from another model? Is there a way to convert sounds from PX5S to PX-560M? Is there any software you in Casio have or other you know to make some new sounds for this great piano?

Best Regards

Abaid Rosales

If you study our posts here-including mine and others-I have upkoaded a few tones and hex layers. One of the great things about the PX560 is that you have built-in sound creation and editing right from the PX560 big color screens. Pick a tone or hex layer-in the main menu screen, click edit and watch the screen choices. There is no software editor currently  for the Casio PX560, I have not needed a software editor thankfully to create some of the sounds I've uploaded here, but it will take a bit of studying to "roll yer own".  

Do you have the owner's manual? That can get you started. If you post questions here specifically, many of us have done sound design and creation and  can explain, including me.  If you know nothing about creating sounds and are a beginner with tone or sound editing,  knowing a few terms or vocabulary-learning the language-isn't too hard.  Once you know what something means, I think you will be able to program the sounds in the PX560. And the language of sound design is somewhat universal across brands-not completely, but pretty much. If you understand what a tone "envelope" is the PX uses these to shape a tone, as do many other synths that are "programmable". Not all keyboards are programmable, the PX560 is quite programmable.  Even understanding one simple word can go a long way to altering a sound alot. Have to go offline now but for example-an "amplitude" envelope simply changes the loudness of a sound, but over time-you can make a sound gradually louder or softer, or any variation in between by changing the "shape" of the amplitude (amp) envelope. And every time you press a key-this "triggers": thst envelope.  The PX560 has a specific setting and menu screen to  do just that. Ask away, and I'll try to help as i can. Signing off for today...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 10:19 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Do you have the owner's manual? That can get you started. If you post questions here specifically, many of us have done sound design and creation and  can explain, including me.  If you know nothing about creating sounds and are a beginner with tone or sound editing,  knowing a few terms or vocabulary-learning the language-isn't too hard.  Once you know what something means, I think you will be able to program the sounds in the PX560. And the language of sound design is somewhat universal across brands-not completely, but pretty much. If you understand what a tone "envelope" is the PX uses these to shape a tone, as do many other synths that are "programmable". Not all keyboards are programmable, the PX560 is quite programmable.  Even understanding one simple word can go a long way to altering a sound alot. Have to go offline now but for example-an "amplitude" envelope simply changes the loudness of a sound, but over time-you can make a sound gradually louder or softer, or any variation in between by changing the "shape" of the amplitude (amp) envelope. And every time you press a key-this "triggers": thst envelope.  The PX560 has a specific setting and menu screen to  do just that. Ask away, and I'll try to help as i can. Signing off for today...

Thank you for your answer. You'll be hearing from me. 

Я купил подержанный Korg Radias 4 дня назад. Приви 560м и Радиас - фантастика. Для Privia вам нужен аналоговый FM-синтезатор для эффектов! В Radias есть какой-то FM. Секонд-хенд сейчас есть много FM-модулей за небольшие деньги. Привет из России! :2thu: