European MZ-X300 used in USA?

Rudolph R-N R

My MZ-X500 was stolen and I'm trying now to buy one from MusicStore.de in Germany.  Would it use my 120VAC power supply that I used for my MZ-X500?  Seems like it should, cause whether its 120VAC (USA) or 240VAC (Europe), it's being converted to 24 volts DC by the power supply.

The power supply of my MZ-X300, bought from Musicstore.de, is a universal one (100V to 240V imput, 24V output), so I guess that the only difference among the different markets is the plug. Regarding the warranty, I doubt that a European warranty is valid in the US. But considering the low price of the MZ-X300 in Germany, IMO it's worth taking the risk. After all, Casio makes reliable products and it's unlikely to fail ;)

• Like 1

@ ShadOwfax, yeah, I have already owned a MZ-X500 for over a year and it was very reliable, so I'm not worried about it, esp at this price.  You mentioned in your glowing review of the X300 that the X300 was avalable thru Amazon in Europe.  I did a search, but didn't come up with anything.   What is the web address to Amazon selling the MZ-X300 at a good price?  I'm thinking it'd be easier to pay for the keyboard being that I'm an Amazon Prime member here in the United States.

@ Brad, yes, the keyboard would be shipping from Germany to California

15 hours ago, Randelph said:

And will I have a warranty?

Yes, in that country where you have bought a keyboard. In this case you should send it for warranty repair to Germany (maybe to any other European country?). Or to pay for repair in USA. But just in case somethíng happens to your keyboard during its warranty time what is covered by the warranty terms and conditions. Otherwise you have to pay for that repair.

But allow me some questions: How did help you your MZ-X500 warranty when it was stolen? How many times did you use your warranty for MZ-X500? What was your real usage of MZ-X500 warranty you have paid for?

Sorry for that, but when I can buy something I want very much, in new, factory condition, from a good store in another country for half of its price in my country, then warranty is my last problem. If nothing happens, what is majority of cases, people do not use their warranty services at all. Think positive! I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Are you sure that the switching PSU is auto voltage 120-240?

Anyway a 120-240 transformer coul be useful for other issues like to kut radio frequency interference from mainline. If you have an ham shack you sometimes buy a 240-240 separator transformer for try to ged rid of TVI and it sometimes works.

OP here.  

Update: using the online shopping cart at MusicStore.de in Germany, my price was 251 Euros plus 60 euros for shipping, so right around $350 total.  No import fees for items under $800, and I've been told elsewhere that other people have bought expensive music gear and were never charged import fees.  So all good.

I put in in the cart and the message came up, "The selected product cannot be sent to the selected country".  I called Casio USA customer support, and apparently Casio doesn't allow Casio Europe to sell to the USA.

Super bummed!  2d failed attempt at getting a X300, Fry's had them at $350 here in the US and someone else nabbed the last one before I could.

Frustrating!!!