Video Files on Forum ×

Looped sounds in Sample Manager?

Shad0wfax

I've been testing the Casio Sample Manager for my MZ-X300 and it seems to work flawlessly. The software is easy to use (I've sampled a couple of sounds from my Roland Integra-7 and converted them to be used in the Casio), and opens a whole new range of possibilities. The drum kit editor is especially good, as you can edit EVERY single parameter of EVERY single sound of the kit, allowing you to create custom drum kits exactly as you like. Great work, Casio!

Nevertheless, I haven't found any option to introduce loops in the samples used to create new sounds. Can this be done? The editor is OK for creating and editing short/percussive sounds, but if you want to create for instance a strings patch, that is, a sound that keeps playing as long as you press the key, until it's released, how can this be done? There should be somewhere the option for intoducing loop points in the samples for that. Is this not possible, or am I missing something?