Video Files on Forum ×

DX7-like Casio tones?

Marcelo Chaves

I have the PX560, so not sure how close the CTX is to the PX560, but there is a "dyno" piano, "rhodes" some of the electric pianos sound like the classic DX7-I have an SY77 that has many of the classic DX7 sounds. As far as other "FM" type sounds-a little harder, depends on what you are listening to. Strings, brass can sound similar on the Casios with some programming. analog sounds too, but again programming will be necessary to capture the FM sound. I don't think the CTX has midi din inputs? If it did, you could pick up an older Yamaha FB-01 module which has a very interesting and large number of the DX type sounds in all categories. Was simple 4-operator FM, so sounds alot like the the DX7, but alot less money and has to played with a keyboard that has midi din outputs. I had one for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree take the time to discover the timbre on some sounds, find a sound that close enough and match it with the original. Do fine  tuning EQ , DSP using the instruments manuals on specific settings. It's better then guessing and good programming practice.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 4:53 PM, Marcelo Chaves said:

Hi all. This is my first post here.

I have a CT-X 800, and I'd like to play some 1980s tunes using DS7-like tones. Which Casio tones most closely resemble DSX7 sounds? Are there CT-X-compatible DSX7-like tones that can be uploaded to CT-X 800? (Maybe MIDI files?)

Thanks!

Marcelo.

I can recommend to get demo for https://www.arturia.com/dx7-v/overview

• Like 1