Video Files on Forum ×

Strange blaring noise when powering up the PX-560

kybdsammer

I had a strange problem that happened today.  I pressed the power button to turn on the PX-560 and a loud noise started blaring out of the speakers.  Volume was all the way down, and I had not touched any other buttons besides the power button.  The only way I could stop it was to unplug the power cord.  I plugged it back in and powered it up, and the loud noise started again.  I tried it again the third and fourth time and it worked normally.  I've had the keyboard for several years and this has never happened until this afternoon.  Has anyone else experienced this and know the cause?

Yes, I have the sustain pedal, line-out L-R jacks connected to my external speakers, and midi cable connected to my computer.  I haven't changed my set-up for a while and just turned on the keyboard like I normally do.  I was just planning to play the keyboard using the built-in speakers without powering on the external speakers and computer. I've done this many times with no problems.  I've tried turning it off and on again several times this evening and everything seems to work fine again.  I'll try to video the issue and post it if it happens again.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have noticed a few odd things with my PX560 too-not as pronounced as this, but when I recorded a track the other day, when played back, one pitch played as if I had recorded a pitch bend, and I hadn't, and it happened on several different notes. When I recorded the track, nothing sounded like this, and the pitch bend wheel was at its lowest setting. Only happened this one time so far, but I have no idea why, and is not sounding like this when I play-so I'm pretty sure it is not the keys causing the problem. "Buggy" keyboards are nothing new, but I am hoping the PX560 is not buggy. And the USB port does not always respond right away when I insert a thumb drive. I think the CPU may not be as fast as it could be, might be the cause of some of these problems. Your problem Kybdsammer sounds like the CPU misread the sample table, got stuck on one sample. Just a guess. Did it sound like one of the tones, or did it sound like audio feedback? 

It did not sound like any of the keyboard tones.  It was more like a loud, constant blaring or buzzing noise.  It was not like audio feedback.  It definitely made me jump when I first heard it.  It was loud enough to startle my family members who were in other rooms in the house.  They all rushed over to see what was wrong.

I am still recording a video each time I power-up the keyboard in case it happens again.  So far I am baffled by it as it has not happened again.  In the meantime, I tried to find a similar noise sample online.  The one attached is somewhat close, but the pitch was lower.  Thanks. 

Noise.mp3