Video Files on Forum ×

Midi from my ctk 691 to the XW-P1 also going out or thru to an early 2000s module

When I hooked  them together CTK midi out to xwp1midi in  Then  also xwp1 was hooked to th jv 1010 sound module.Here are discoveries so far.All are set to basic channell 1

The ctk has some cool auto accompaniment and and the ability to record about 6 original songs. It comes through the xw to  the analog output.The feed from the  ctk can be addressed in the xw's mixer setting.If I remember correct, they were part 6 thru 10.The only drums were on the good old dedicated part 10.

I can play a note on the ctk and bend it with the xw. The feed from the ctk seems to be using the  instrument parts on the xw which has a lot more wow factor.The ctk's own tones are definitely not heavy hitters but I love the waterfall keys ,and It has synth ,song recording, drawbar organ  etc. etc.Hooked to the more modern equipment it has been quiet useful .

Now to what has me confused.If i plug the ctk into the roland straight, the roland plays the accompaniment. But it does not go thru the xw to get there. As a matter of fact ,the only thing the xw does is plays patches on the roland JV The million dollar question? Is there some way to route the feed from the ctk and even better the  xw step sequencer to the roland module.

As the name suggests, the MIDI OUT/THRU port on the XW-P1 can only be set to one of two things, an OUT or THRU port.  It can't merge data received at the MIDI IN port with it's own MIDI OUT data.  Assuming the Roland module only has a single DIN MIDI input, and you want both the XW and CTK controlling the module at the same time, you'll need something that can merge two MIDI controllers into one output. 

Thanks Brad ,I don't really want that ,so much as just looking for tidbits to ''figure'' the exact flow out. Is there any way to get step sequencer  to midi out to the sound module . .I tried switching to channel 10 but to no avail,I set all midi outs I could find to'' on''.Pulled off an msb -lsb bank select  until my 50 choices  came up short to the 128 on the other but not really bothered there either.As mentioned I am hoping to get the step seq out and maybe after that utilize the performance mode  on the roland