Video Files on Forum ×

New Casio arranger launched at Synthplex 2019

vbdx66

Casio launched a new arranger keyboard in Burbank, USA, during Synthplex 2019, according to USA Casio marketing representative Mike Martin.

“ We are all very excited about this new keyboard. This is the first of a new series of innovative keyboards with a new chip which goes way beyond the capabilities of AIR2 and AiX”, says Martin.

“Casio has decided to make an offensive on the beginner market, so the new keyboard will both be very easy to use and will be packed with innovative features”.

The new board is labelled APR-1, which stands for Arranger Playing Realism. According to what we’ve heard at Synthplex, the specs of the new portable keyboard are:

- A massive polyphony of 10 notes (keyboard players only have 10 fingers anyway).

- 10 sounds (the idea is that too many sounds would distract the beginner from playing the instrument).

10 rhythms (same comment as for the sounds).

- A one track MIDI Recorder with a capacity of 100 notes (directly aimed against the Yamaha PSR E360).

- A reverb module emulating the reflections of a pond, a swimming pool and a fish bowl.

- Demo songs include a symphonic version of “April in Portugal” and the German classic “Alle Fische Schwimmen, nur des kleine Backfisch nicht”.

97C051CF-FA22-4A5C-B10F-CD2C3A1721BF.thumb.jpeg.b8edb4b52498db32a9289bd2085b740a.jpeg

“The CT-X5000 is already history”, says Mike Martin (left) at Synthplex. “The APR-1 new Casio portable keyboard goes beyond everything you’ve heard before.”

The new board was acclaimed both by the press and the profession as it was showcased at Synthplex 2019 last week-end. Since the internal software and user interface are still needing some polishing, though, the new keyboard will not hit the shelves before April 1st, 2020.

vbdx66 live from Synthplex 2019 at Burbank.

You are joking about these specs?  And the description-it is April Fool's Day.  I was hoping for at least 11-note polyphony-I have six fingers on my right hand-from trying to play too much Chopin and full 9th chords-I grew another finger. And the new 15" subwoofer which will be built into the case?  and there will be no more black keys-who needs those extra accidentals anyway? Much easier to play without all that fuss. Sharps, flats, who needs all that anyway. i can play most songs with just 3 notes, maybe less. 

https://makerhart.com/product_d.php?lang=en&tb=1&id=108

Someone has already made a digital ukulele with BT midi, actually.

But for a concert I think it's more cool to use the Fender electric Ukulele https://shop.fender.com/it-IT/acoustic-series/artist-design/grace-vanderwaal-ukuleles   /grace-vanderwaal-signature-ukulele/0971630076.html (ok, electroacustic)

• Like 1