Video Files on Forum ×

Muffled/Low sound in Song sequencer

Have you checked the DSP settings? I'm not sure, but the DSP settings for the song sequencer may be different than what you are hearing for a given tone when not in song sequencer mode. Check the DSP levels and what particular effect is being accessed in song sequencer mode. T or Brad here may know better than me.

• Thanks 1

I have checked the effects settings and they seems to be the same. Maybe it's just that the volume is lower in the song sequencer for some reason and created the illusion of a muffled sound... Could have to do with the mixer volume settings. I'm starting to believe that is the case. Maybe someone can confirm or dismiss that, or have some other idea.

Thanks Jokeyman for taking your time

Johan

You can eliminate DSP by simply turning DSP off.  If you turn DSP off and the problem goes away, you know a DSP setting of some type is causing the problem.  If you turn DSP off and it comes back on when you press the Song Sequencer button, please read on . . . .  Also, read on in any case . . . .  All keyboard song sequencers store their song setup parameters in the song file's header.  See "Panel Record" in the right hand column of page E-78 of the manual.  Some song sequencers only act upon these parameters when the song file starts to play, while others act upon those parameters as soon as the song file is loaded into memory to be played.  I do not know which Casio uses, but if it is the latter, there is a chance that when you press the Song Sequencer button, you are inadvertently loading a previously recorded song with a bad setup or file header.  If I remember correctly, the Song Sequencer automatically loads the last selected song, when you press the Song Sequencer button.  That is so you do not have to keep re-selecting your song, if you are in and out of the Song Sequencer multiple times during a given session.  Try CLEARing the song memory slot that you want to use, then power the CTK-7200 off/on to see if that resolves the problem.  See the left hand column of Page E-82 of the manual for CLEARing a song.  Also, check the MIXER settings to ensure that all of the song PARTs volumes are not turned down.  As a last resort, see Page 135 and perform an Initialize Paremater.  Do not do an Initialize All unless you have backed up any User Data (Tones, Rhythms, DSPs, Songs, etc) to an SD Card or PC, as all of that is erased with an Initialize All. 

Sorry to be so sketchy on some of these items, but I sold my CTK-6000 &7000 and WK-7500 about four years ago, so I no longer have them to experiment with on questions like this, and the longer I go without them, the more difficult it is to remember some of the finer details.  At least I have maintained PDF copies of all the manuals to jog my memory, when needed.

Good luck!

- T -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks alot appreciate it! The problem was in the mixer settings. The volume was higher in the "default" mode than in the sequencer mode. I thought the problem would have been the other way around, so missed to check that. My brother must have changed it at some point.

Thanks again!