Video Files on Forum ×

XW-p1 as an effect

For years one of  enjoyments has been ,laying a tune to a click track(set tempo).I then apply the usual effects by doing the math and syncing them by hertz or milliseconds.Of course tap tempo is used also.

With my XW ,I have been running my banjo into the instrument in ,then routed to the solo sync exterior block.At this point I get to use the available filters as effects.I am very much a newbie at this.As far as the other effects,I have a couple of stand alone units that do these already .I put this forth for suggestions on other ideas ,if anyone can stand to be known as a participant in this ha ha.

The xw p1 is used for all tones here besides banjo.I have a lexicon that I like it's rotary effect and a behringer virtulizer  also doing an LFO filter envelope.The  effects are not  manipulated in and out much,I need to get to that. On the XW,I probably was using total filter.and amp envelopes with shot in the dark settings and clock sync,As I said anything to find a bit of variety is welcome

• 1 month later...

Like to get one of them personal hovercraft things-could be floating around with my XW-P1-might make for an interesting one-man band venue floating around out there somewheres. What's yer banjo? metal or plastic fingerpicks?  How about through the leslie effect? Clapton and the Beatles liked to put their guitars through the Leslie effect-actually the real Leslie speakers.  

On 6/8/2019 at 6:45 AM, trancedelicbluesman said:

Interesting video there. Where did you get the footage?

Was that accordian sound from the XW?

I am interested in doing a YouTube channel someday. Just for my own amusement if nothing else...

The footage was probably the internet archive or flickr  creative commons  class thanks. Probably the XW for the accordion.I like the reed organ sometimes

On 6/8/2019 at 7:32 AM, Jokeyman123 said:

Like to get one of them personal hovercraft things-could be floating around with my XW-P1-might make for an interesting one-man band venue floating around out there somewheres. What's yer banjo? metal or plastic fingerpicks?  How about through the leslie effect? Clapton and the Beatles liked to put their guitars through the Leslie effect-actually the real Leslie speakers.  

Metal picks.I like the leslie effect my Lexicon has for now, thanks

• 4 years later...