Video Files on Forum ×

Where are all the custom tones/patches?

Like any new owner/geek, I have scoured the Internet to find resources for the WK-7600. Between this site's file area, music.casio.com, and Casio's international site, I have amassed hundreds of rhythm (AC7/CKF) files, BUT FEWER THAN 10 CUSTOM TONE (TN7) FILES.

Am I missing any other good archives anywhere? This is so totally different than with my last Casio keyboard (CZ-1!) where even in pre-Internet BBS age I could still find way more patches!

I'll be a good citizen and post my own when I have gotten more skillful at making custom tones. For now, can anyone point me to tone files at other websites?

• Like 1

I am afraid that what we have here, in the file section of this forum, is about all you are going to find in the way of cuatom (User) Tones for the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX keyboard models.  There is (was?) a Casio forum on Yahoo Forums that had file sections for User Rhythms and User Tones for the WK-3XXX models and their contemporary CTK models.  Just about any CKF Rhythm file posted there will work on the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models (usually "as-is" - with very little "tweaking" required), but NONE of the older Tone files will work on the newer models, due to the vast differences in their sound engines.  Many of the after-market Rhythm files available today for the WK-3XXX models (and useable on the CKT/WK-6XXX/7XXX models) were originally offered for free download by the nice folks at Casio-Europe, but the "zeal" for after-market Tones just never came anywhere near the interest in after-market Rhythms.

- T -

• Like 1

Hmmmm....so T even my old PX575 tone edits are not compatible with the newer CTK/WKs?  A shame-the 575 has real synth programming capabilities and i could have uploaded many tones I've edited including organ tones and drumkits.  I just studied the original (2014) posts about this, looks pretty hopeless. 

Johnathon

Yes, your PX-575 shares the "Zpi" sound engine with my WK-3800 from the early 2000's, and No, User Tone patches from them can not be ported from them to the newer CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models, nor to the latest CT-X models.  The WK-3300/3800/8000, PX-575, and equivalent 61 key CTK models do have a "Synthesizer" Mode, but since they only give the user access to just the attack and release out of the ADSR envelope, and not the decay and sustain, "Synth" purists would argue that that is not a "true" Synth Mode - even though they also do allow access to cutoff and resonance.  Strangely, the newer CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX give access to all of these same parameters except resonance.  They only allow access to the resonance parameter within the Wah and Phaser DSP settings, but not to a global base resonance parameter.  I guess it is for that reason that the those models are not listed as having a "Synthesizer" Mode like the older models.

- T -

• Like 1

• 1 year later...