Video Files on Forum ×

Hello to all & Firmware Update Q's

Dale8567

Hi all,

Dale here from Yorkshire, England (UK)

I know i'm a latecomer to the PX-5S having just purchased one and awaiting it's arrival (currently being shipped) and i'm super excited.So i'm hoping theres still some of you guys and gals around on here. I'm 60 but feel like a kid at christmas. I've applied to join the facebook group and i've watched Mike Martin's Youtube clinics, so i'm really looking forward to getting started. I'm particularly a fan of the 80's synthpop riffs and melodies ect, and enjoy trying to play them.

A couple of quick questions if i may..... .. .

1) Firmware Updates.

Do i have to install the Firmware updates individually and in the  order they came out ? or can i just install the latest one ? Advice please.

2) Is the "ALLFILE" separate from the firmware updates ? i still want to download it for the "Alternate stage setting order" Advice please.

3) Can someone kindly give me the link to the download "On the Run" - pink floyd, i cannot seem to find it (probably looking in the wrong place) Thanks.

4) Is there a way to be able to listen to the downloads first before i actually download them ?

Well that's about all, so bye for now and i look forward to all replies and any advice and encouragement will be greatfully received.

So thanks in advance.

Dale.

9 hours ago, Casiofun said:

Wouldn't the newest stock come with the latest firmware?

Like Brad said, it should, but it's also possible the unit purchased has been in inventory somewhere for a while. It's always worth checking and making sure.

It's also a good idea to keep the latest firmware ready to install in case you need it for something or simply want to start over from scratch.

• Like 1

Hi all.

Had my PX for a few days now and thoroughly enjoying it. Lots to learn to do, but well impressed with it.

Question:- I've downloaded (onto a thumb drive) the "On the Run" (thanks Brad) and a couple of others - Wheres the best place to put them on the px5 ? Advice please.

Thanks again.