Video Files on Forum ×

Playing MIDI Files

Doomdog

Greetings all, 

Let's say I have a bunch of really nice MIDI recordings of classical pieces (think Chopin, Debussy) and I want to play them on the 560's cool grand piano patch.

I know I can put them on USB and select ONE of them to play.

But what if I want to play them ALL, one after another. Is there a way to do that?

The idea is to use the keyboard as a simple MIDI player, without turning on any computer and connecting to it.

This is what some keyboards call a "jukebox" function which I do not see on the PX560. I suppose a clunky workaround would be to copy and paste all of these files together as one long midi file from the computer-save it to the thumb drive and play it like that. I'd have to be in front of mine-I'll try the song copy function to see if these can be chained together internally. Might be possible, I haven't tried that. Winamp has a jukebox function for mp3's which I often use, but I'm not usre if it plays midis, I'm sure there are midi players that do-but again requires a computer which I hear you-you don' want. My old SK76 sequencer had this function which was very useful. 

Thanks for the answers.

I guess one long MIDI file is the way to go.

Now, how long, it remains to be determined (I seem to recall a note limit in the manual, gotta check).

Somehow OT, a new firmware adding a few small things like this would be very nice...