Video Files on Forum ×

"Casio Sound Manager Editor" - Would you like to have it?

Hi 😃

All we know the Chordana app is out there.

But I think there could be much more, also available for Windows

Think about a proper Casio Sound Manager Editor. So you can easily create setlists or presets, rename them, locate them where you want to quick access when you'd need them, etc. Also, to save all the edits, FX assigns, layers, splits, as well as general custom modifications, etc

😄

The PX5s has an editor. the old PX575 has an editor which also works with many of the older WK series and possibly CTKs.  So does the XW-P1 and a few others I am not familiar with. when Casio does not release an editor for a new instrument initially it usually means there will not be one. 

I was thinking about a standard editor, to work with all the current models. So you plug your laptop or iPad, and voila!. No matter if the 560, MZ X500, PS X3000, 1000, CGP 700, etc

I think this is truly the future. All we know Nord have this. Dexibell too (albeit for iOS only at the moment), and I'm pretty sure Yamaha will have this as well for their CP 73/88. 

🙂

13 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Chordana will run on Windows.  There is a way.  😉

I have experimented with Android Emulators to no end... Although the app runs, I cannot get Chordana Play (for piano) to see my PX-S3000.

I have even installed Android on a laptop as the only operating system, and still nothing but my son's friggin' iPhone will see this piano.

If you know of a working solution, or have any information on how to run Chordana on Windows... Please... Please... spill the beans.

Thank you.

Jim

15 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Yes, you can run most any Android app on Windows if you use an emulator.  Of course the ability to connect to MIDI devices will vary based on how good the emulation is.

Yes, I'm aware of that

But, as far as I know, Chordana only allows to temporary edit presets, layers, splits, FX, etc but not to store them on keyboards. That is the most needed feature that could be implemented, IMHO.

Along with that, to re write existing presets, to rename, etc, so no more "bank 1", "area 1", etc

😃