Video Files on Forum ×

Controlling volume of just one layer with pedal

Donkeys

Yes, an expression pedal can be set to work for just a single tone or up to 3 tones.  It's very configurable.  The manual says a pedal with a range of 10kΩ to 50kΩ would work.  It also lists some tested pedals:  Roland EV-5, KURZWEIL CC-1, FATAR VP-25 or VP-26.  I've seen owners with other pedal brands have success as well.  Perhaps some of them will chime in with what they are using.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I bought a Roland EV-5 and cannot get it to have any effect on S3000 at all.  I have set up two layers in the app, shut off the expression for one and saved as a registration.  I cannot get the pedal to have any effect, even with a single layer.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An expression pedal assignment to a tone or tones can make a major difference to the overall sound. The expression pedal is so important when playing organ, strings, brass effects and movie themed music ect. Sometimes touch sensitivity is simply not enough in trying to achieve proper volume swells. Volume expression swells can be done by hand parameter adjustment however the expression pedal allows for much more freedom and convenience.