Video Files on Forum ×

What is this?

Jokeyman123

OK, now I've seen everything....it looks like an accordion button assembly somehow fused onto a CZ-101. How do you suppose one plays this? I am going to ask the seller (on eBaaaaaaaaeeeee!!!!) how he put it together......and why. Not meaning to offend anybody, but it seems like an accordion without the rest of the accordion somehow. 

s-l1600.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a followup-I didn't buy it, but somebody did, got quite a few bucks for it too.  Considering the cost of the digital accordions-like the Bell Duovox and others, maybe one of those players decided this was a better way to get Casio sounds, but would seem awkward since you would now have your piano keys separate from your chord pushbuttons?

On 8/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Just a followup-I didn't buy it, but somebody did, got quite a few bucks for it too.  Considering the cost of the digital accordions-like the Bell Duovox and others, maybe one of those players decided this was a better way to get Casio sounds, but would seem awkward since you would now have your piano keys separate from your chord pushbuttons?

These looks the melody buttons, besides this is quite strange because there aren't present the bass buttons and without the bellows.

Next the CZ-101 is too serious for the average accordionist, and you can see... Do you know anyone that has bought a white and blue instruments 🙂

Verde is a music shop and a maker of accordions, they can customize them for the clients, and they are also Casio dealers. And they could build accordions with a Midi out and silent mode.

Ah, right! I forgot some accordions may have buttons instead of piano/organ keys. I think this solves the mystery. Someone wanted to pla the CZ-101 like a button-style accordion. Still seems like an awkward arrangement. And since there are midi accordions already (very expensive, I have an older friend who has one) maybe this was a cheap way to have a more portable version of a midi accordion? The midi accordions are pretty heavy. But still, no control over the counter-bass without it, and the bellows which are used for dynamics, even with a digital accordion. And most of those have a pretty comprehensive set of sounds and auto-accompaniment features already. think Solton/Ketron and the expensive Italian-made that v=can go to 10,000 US dollars for a complete system-most serious pro players are already in pretty deep money-wise.still can't make sense of this weird Casio!

The MIDI option is a 1100 € customization. https://www.verdestrumentimusicali.com/fisarmoniche/bottoni/installazione-midi.html

A top of the line customizable (meaning that ofe a pric level the accordion are made in colours and finishings selected by the client. ) accordion will go over 13000€ https://www.verdestrumentimusicali.com/fisarmoniche/bottoni/leader-iv-special.html

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 8:10 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Ah, right! I forgot some accordions may have buttons instead of piano/organ keys. I think this solves the mystery. Someone wanted to pla the CZ-101 like a button-style accordion. Still seems like an awkward arrangement. And since there are midi accordions already (very expensive, I have an older friend who has one) maybe this was a cheap way to have a more portable version of a midi accordion? The midi accordions are pretty heavy. But still, no control over the counter-bass without it, and the bellows which are used for dynamics, even with a digital accordion. And most of those have a pretty comprehensive set of sounds and auto-accompaniment features already. think Solton/Ketron and the expensive Italian-made that v=can go to 10,000 US dollars for a complete system-most serious pro players are already in pretty deep money-wise.still can't make sense of this weird Casio!

The CZ-101 is  an uncommon choice for emulating a button-style accordion. And you're correct about the limitations compared to a MIDI accordion – the lack of control over counter-bass and dynamics with the bellows makes it seem like an odd workaround. But if that's what you have, then you got to work and make do with it.