Video Files on Forum ×

Headphones issue

Dermot1970

1 minute ago, Brad Saucier said:

Various headphones can sound very different, but the one thing most good quality headphones will do is make you more aware of reverb that you didn't notice before.  It's part of the effect of being so close to the sound source, unlike listening to a set of speakers in a room.  

I understand that, however when using instruments such as the Amp organ, no sound is made at all. The guitars sound extremely tinny and the echo is more noticeable than the original note.

I noticed those are gaming headphones with a microphone built in.  The plug on those are of a TRRS design, the additional ring on the plug is for the microphone.  We typically use a TRS type of headphone with keyboards.  You may need and adapter plug for those headphones to work properly with the keyboard.  

Konstantinos....impedance as you may know is a complex electronic spec, cannot be measured with a simple ohmmeter like resistance.  Not excusing Casio but there are so many variables. I and others have posts somewhere around here about all the headphones we've found work best and of course I can only speak for the PX350, PX560, older PX575. I have been using Superlux HD681's and Samson SR850s which are almost identical and am very happy with the sound and efficiency of these and are relatively inexpensive. My 52 ohm AKGS did not sound very clear with the Privia, surprising as they sound fine with anything else and i thought a at 52 ohms would closely match the Privias,  but didn't .  Experimenting around, I discovered headphones with about 25 ohms sounded much clearer, louder with excellent frequency response for acoustic pianos and multitracks. My (expensive) monitor AKGs were loud enough-barely but being monitor headphones had a very flat frequency response-not much bass but for multitrack monitoring were clear enough. My older AKG240s however, being 600 ohms, were barely audible-I use a headphone amp or connect the Privias through a mixer to use these at all. With all my work, I still kind of scratch my head and honestly couldn't say why some headphones are better than others with the Privias. I can say I've had equal success with all 3 once I found the headphones that sounded right.