Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X5000 does not record Audio. How big a deal is this?

tkarl

Newbie here.  No DAW yet, CT-X5000 is on its way to me.  I noticed that neither USB connection allows me to record Audio tracks.  How big a deal is this?  What if I record all 16/17 tracks to my DAW (Probably Mixcraft 8), then won't I quickly run out of Polyphony?  So, if I do run past 64 voices, what do I do?  Conventionally, I would convert some/all MIDI tracks to Audio tracks before I can layer more MIDI.  I want to use the CT-X5000's voices and not available VST's.  What do I do?    Do I require the WK-7600, or is there a workaround?  Thanks!

What computer do you have? If a laptop, probably has a soundcard built in with 1/8" stereo audio in jack-all my laptops have this capability and none of mine are newer than 3 years or more. if it's a desktop-are you certain it doesn't have a soundcard installed already? Most desktops do, again unless it's a very old desktop. Look at your inputs at the back, sometimes on the front-again look for the 1/8" inout jacks, identical to the outboard speaker jacks. If you have outboard speakers, you have a soundcard built-in.

There are always the USB modules that have midi/audio/microphone/guitar inputs to connect to your USB port-like a small mixing desk for your computer.. Tascam and many other companies have these. I used the Tascam for awhile-the Tascam US 144 is pretty nice, runs around $30-40 US if you are willing to buy off the auction website I won't mention. Stay away from the older US122 which was a pain to set up due to Windows driver problems. The newer ones don't have that problem. 

• Like 1

Fantastic news from you guys above!  

More news -- I just got my CT-X5000 today -- having fun playing with it.

Yes, all my PC's have built in sound card, but I read somewhere on YT that noise creeps in unless the card is external.

I was looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, here: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlet6i6G2--focusrite-scarlett-6i6-usb-audio-interface

My motherboards & my laptop has some sort of input for a mic -- I guess I forgot I could use that as my audio line input!!!   Thanks!

Brad: Your equipment list looks like a Casio catalog!  How would you compare the sounds in the CT-X5000, the MZ-x500 and the PX-S3000?  Oh, Facebook links -- perhaps you don't own all of those KBs.

Yeah, you're right, I don't have all of those.  I do have a CT-X5000 and MZ-X500.  They share many of the same sounds.  CTX has some cool new samples in the drums and sound effects.  I especially like the new drum samples.  CTX is also capable of running more DSP effects on tones than the MZX can, so that's really helping breathe new life into the sounds.  

One thing I may not like in my CT-X5000 is the Tremolo on all the organ voices.  Thank goodness I can edit that DSP effect out.  Only trouble is, I don't like using up so many User slots just for Organ sounds.  Meanwhile, call me dizzy listening to all that Tremolo!  Any other ways to fix this?

So do you think the AiX sounds are something special, or marketing hype?