Video Files on Forum ×

ac7 style file renamer: testers wanted

shiihs

15 minutes ago, shiihs said:

in the mean time, not for the faint of heart, there's a new version with 

• multifile checkboxes: if you leave display name empty, it reuses the old one; if you leave new filename empty it reuses the old one
  • multifile 4 variation rhythm splitter: no special intelligence is present for handling .ac7 files with less than 4 variations (and I have to confess I haven't tested what happens when you try it anyway).

Have fun! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12NKv9eiYcpqb3p6yBYsBYkpam8t-M7DB/view?usp=sharing

😮😮   Wow, nice job!!! I think we're all pretty happy now! 😁

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All 

I am not smart enough yet to use this tool:):)  but I can surely see the benefit and am blown away by the charity and generosity shown here.   Just incredible.  and even over Christmas!!  wow

Thank you all.   I am better of on this forum than watching the news, thats for sure!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alundy said:

Hi All 

I am not smart enough yet to use this tool:):)  but I can surely see the benefit and am blown away by the charity and generosity shown here.   Just incredible.  and even over Christmas!!  wow

Thank you all.   I am better of on this forum than watching the news, thats for sure!!

If you ever do try it, be sure to ask for help if you get stuck!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, shiihs said:

If you ever do try it, be sure to ask for help if you get stuck!

you mean WHEN  ha ha  thanks!    I see you are from Belgium.  I have been there.  I  Work for part of Diamant Boart/Husqvarna here in the states.

• 1 month later...

@shiihs Your work has been invaluable to me in my continuing work on the archival projects. Thank you again!

Every part of the utility, including the 2-variation split functionality, is working perfectly from my testing. I think ReStyle might be ready for an "official" 1.0 release, don't you? This topic is mostly about testing and revisions, isn't particularly searchable due to the title and is buried pretty deep in an inactive section of the forums.

If it's alright with you, I'd like to create a pdf manual for ReStyle that talks through the background of the project, installation, usage, advanced applications, troubleshooting and FAQs. It will be done in a similar fashion to my CKF Rhythm Creation manual, although given that there's much less to cover, it won't be as long or comprehensive.

I've already created a logo for the cover of the manual, and a simple little icon you can use for the desktop shortcut/executable icon as opposed to the generic one. Let me know what you think and feel free to make suggestions (I'm no design whiz). See attachments.

When I'm done, I was thinking we could start a new topic in the general section and release the most recent version as a .zip file with the manual bundled in. That way it'll be easier for new users to find it, make feature requests, report errors, share files they've made with ReStyle, etc.

If you're ok with all that, I'll need to know the name by which you'd like to be credited, and if you want me to link to your github or some other landing page as well. If you'd like to leave some kind of message for the readers, I'd be happy to include a "From the developer" section in the introductory background chapter. Please also let me know if there are any other contributors or dependencies you want credited/linked in the acknowledgements section.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it more in private.

64731951_ReStyleLogoTransparentv2.png.34ec03fffb7d6a3c23e7ac015f0247b4.png

ReStyle Manual Logo.png

• Like 1