Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 rock organ 2 with ckf demo

My chops still need work-I'm no Joey DeFrancesco and these are piano keys (a bit ouch) but wanted to demo one of my ckf rhythms I've uploaded here using one of my favorite PX560 organ tones-definitely a smokey Hammond B-3-this is rock organ 2, really liking to jam with this one and rock organ 3.  Rhythm comp is simply GM tones from PX560 -standard drums 1, slap bass and organ 2 plus some brass GM. I used the auto-rhythms combined with playing the organ lead live recorded in one take using the PX560 audio recorder. Once done, transferred to audacity with windows 7 computer and used lame with Audacity to export to mp3.Copying these tones over to the user tones with the Leslie DSP fast/slow in a registration works real nice with a simple on/off footswitch. I didn't demo that here, but once set up, works well for me at least.

TAKE04.mp3

• Like 3

Thanks SSlyutov-life keeps getting in the way, wish I had more time. I will try to get some classical pieces out-videos too. Just had to re-design my music room-very small but will be able to get more playing, recording and "woodshedding" in. I love almost every style of music I've ever heard-I just can't play them all-not yet, working on it!  

• Like 1

Thank you all. I like to demo the tones from the Casios-I think it may help others here who might want to know what a particular Casio sounds like i f they don't have a particular model as some other users are doing here. Such great tones in these newest Casios, makes it all the more fun to create at least for me. Will upload again when I can-maybe demo a bunch of the electric pianos-the Wurly sounds are real nice, and some of the other ep's-I'd only heard on my older SY77 which is still an impressive ep synth-pretty impressive Fender Rhodes and FM piano sounds, the PX560 is matching all but one or 2, I am working on trying to get those programmed into the PX560 but it will be difficult-FM is a brain-buster to program and duplicate  One PX560 tone in particular-I think is emulating an old ARP digital piano-very abrasive sound I'd only heard on my old Ensoniq TS-12, and an original ARP and my old Crumar piano if I can remember that far back!  Before sample tables and ROMs existed, some of the early analog pianos sounded pretty harsh, was pretty much impossible to get anything that sounded like a real piano, or even a fake one! 

Working on a whole bunch of stuff-want try to get some videos to demo technique too-life gets in the way. Listening to lot of older Tom Waits-had some great musicians, alot of very interesting stuff, jazz, gut-bucket blues, New Orleans, avante garde, so much music, so little time! And yes this is all PX560 tones. Just found this same great Hammond tone on my CTK6200 which I bought used and restored-smoking little machine too!