Video Files on Forum ×

New Casio Ct-X

Jokeyman123

Only kidding, it is and older  CT-X1 but just wanted to get your attention. This has got to be the strangest Casio I've ever seen, just appeared on eBeetle auction website (you know who they are). found only one manual for this. Looks like a UFO with a keyboard! Anybody know anything about it? The center lid opens up to reveal its control panel. if it didn't have a keyboard, I'd think it was a....well I'm not sure. Reminds me of something, but I can't quit place what it is. Certainly not good for placing yer iPad on top. and I think it used the APE physical model for sounds..Acoustic Poodle Effervescent sound chip. I could be wrong.    :nutty: Seriously though, might be a real cool collectible. Almost the shape of the MZ-2000, but a little more..portly.

casio ct-x1.jpg

• Like 2

I have never seen that model before! Flip top lid, space age UFO shape - I like it!

Looking at the specifications/ features, it looks to be almost the same as the MT750. The MT750 is a totally different looking keyboard with mini keys, but appears to have the same: "Pulse Code Modulation" sound source,  220 sound tone bank, 110 beat bank, same display, same "Multi Accompaniment System", and same "Tone Editor" section. The CT-X1 appears to differ by having the "digital effects" slider section compared with the MT750 (that doesn't have this). Oh, and I love the look of the red stripe on the back of the CT-X1!

Edit: I just checked the 110 beat bank and 220 sound tone bank list on the lid of the CT-X1 with my MT-750. I can confirm that the lists are identical.

CT-X1.jpg

MT 750.jpg

CT-X1iiiiii.jpg

Coincidental timing! A new post today in the "General Casio Discussion" section was asking about drivers for a CT-680. I looked up the model, and guess what? It appears to have almost the same specifications as the CT-X1 and the MT-750! If anything, it seems to slot between the two by having a digital reverb section compared with the CT-X1 that has digital reverb and (I think) delay, and the MT-750 that has none.

Thus the MT-750, CT-680 and CT-X1 all appear to be variations of the same basic sound engine and features.

CT-680iii.png

CT-680.png

CT-680ii.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, Chas said:

Coincidental timing! A new post today in the "General Casio Discussion" section was asking about drivers for a CT-680. I looked up the model, and guess what? It appears to have almost the same specifications as the CT-X1 and the MT-750! If anything, it seems to slot between the two by having a digital reverb section compared with the CT-X1 that has digital reverb and (I think) delay, and the MT-750 that has none.

Thus the MT-750, CT-680 and CT-X1 all appear to be variations of the same basic sound engine and features.

CT-680iii.png

CT-680.png

CT-680ii.png

Zooming in the pic it can be seen that the effects are Reverb and "Reverb/Chorus".

• 10 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 9:25 AM, Skibbles said:

I actually have on of these. Just found it. Does anyone have any clue what adapter  would be used to power it?

Look on the back at the power socket - it should be marked with the voltage required and the pin polarity. Most Casios use either a 7.5 or a 9 volt wall wart, with center negative pin. There are many universal power adapters available that would work.

• 1 year later...