Video Files on Forum ×

How to enrich the sound

Malamut88

Hey I edited this short little clip - comparison between my old cheap yamaha e323 keyboard and brand new digital piano Casio CDP-S350. I'm somewhat dissapointed in how it sounds (CASIO CDP-S350). It sounds ok but it lacks bass, the sound is not rich enough considering I paid for it much more than I did for my cheap keyboard. Listen to this chord comparison I did with my old keyboard, it just sounds better on my cheap keyboard and I dont understand why. I tried playing with reverb and some other options but it didnt  make any diffrence. I'm a complete begginer. Any advice how to change settings to make it sound better?

No offense, but what did you record these with? Both sound awful, like you recorded both with your smartphone-with this lack of fidelity-I honestly cannot hear a difference. My old PX575 sounds much better than this, and its only the XPI-older sampled piano sound samples. and my student's CDP135 blows this away, at least based upon what I'm hearing in your recordings.Try making better recordings and upload again. no way a CDP should sound like this. 

• 3 months later...

I agree in your opinion of the sound difference. For me, when I play with headphones, the quality sounds like I expected it to. You may want to use headphones. Another option is to find a set of speakers that work better - this can be a pair of higher end computer speakers or something else. For me, it then gives me the sound I want. Not ideal, but definitely makes a difference.