Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CT-X Decay Option for Strings

Sonny Singh

Hey everyone,

I'm currently the owner of a CT-X 700 and am quite fond of it. It has a lot to offer for a very low price. However I was recently considering upgrading to the CT-X 5000.

I'm currently held up on purchasing the CT-X5000 because of one limitation that I've observed. Whenever strings are played in the Casio series and the sustain is held, it seems as if the strings never fade once you strike the note on the keyboard. This eventually creates a mush of sounds when  you hit other notes which eventually makes its very difficult to play. 

In the Yamaha keyboards, whenever strings are played and the sustain is held, the note will gradually fade away once the note is struck while the sustain is being held. In the Casio series, the note will literally never fade until the sustain is released.

Is there an option in the Casio CT-X 5000 to modify the sustain length of the note (when played in strings) so that it eventually decays into the background while the sustain is held.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:17 AM, Brad Saucier said:

I'm going to assume you're asking about layering strings with another tone while using the sustain pedal to play.  You can turn off the sustain pedal for the strings in system settings, leaving the sustain pedal active for your other tone. 

Thanks for your help guys!

Any idea of how I can turn off the sustain for one tone while leave the sustain on for another tone while layering both tones? I just got the ctx5000 today and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. 🤔