Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythms/Registrations to USB

Dcalce

Just purchased an MX X500. This is a rather long explanation and question so please bear with me. I need the help. I am mostly a piano chorded not a player. I use a backing machine as backup for my singing (A Roland BK7-m if you want to know). My old backing machine would allow me to set parameters for my song, push the Write button name the song and save it to usb. Files allowed me to manipulate songs anyway I wished. Into sets, by artist, alphabetically, whatever.  I have over three hundred songs in my repertoire. Can anyone explain how to save rhythms by song name to usb. The registration process is so convoluted. Yes I can save the 96 registrations but not by song title and that doesn’t help me with the other 204. 

Welcome to the forums!  Here's what can be done with the MZ-X500. Yes, you can name each registration on the MZ-X500.  Press menu>registration.  Tap on the registration title to see a full screen list of registrations and the rename button.  If you don't see the rename button, you need to update the firmware on your MZ.  Tap on any registration and rename to change it.  You can 'save all' 96 registrations to USB as a set, in one file, for easy reloading.  You can also save each individual registration to USB.  Saving and naming files to USB is done from the media menu.  Press menu>media.  Rhythms can be saved and named to USB as well, and played directly from USB without the need to load them into the keyboard.  You can also create folders on the USB drive to organize files.  Hope this helps.  Anymore questions, feel free to ask. 

You can simply start creating another 96 registrations, hold the store button and overwrite the existing ones.  Once you've filled up the next batch of 96 and named them how you like, you can save all of them to USB in one shot as a 'save all' registration file.  Once saved, you can load that next batch of 96 at any time.  Repeat for additional batches.