Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X5000 Audio to DAW

Casimodo

I've managed to set up my CT-X5000 to work with Reaper and USB MIDI output from the rear of the keyboard.   Pretty much plug n' play.

What I'd like to do though is be able to record the 5000's audio in Reaper.  As I understand it, I'll need a hardware audio interface such as Scarlett 2i2 (coz stereo, right?) or the Audient iD4?   What I can't wrap my head around yet is what cables I'll need (for, I assume, the two line out connections at the rear)? 

Can anyone help? 

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2020 at 12:38 AM, Casimodo said:

I've managed to set up my CT-X5000 to work with Reaper and USB MIDI output from the rear of the keyboard.   Pretty much plug n' play.

What I'd like to do though is be able to record the 5000's audio in Reaper.  As I understand it, I'll need a hardware audio interface such as Scarlett 2i2 (coz stereo, right?) or the Audient iD4?   What I can't wrap my head around yet is what cables I'll need (for, I assume, the two line out connections at the rear)? 

Can anyone help? 

Hello 

I just saw your post and I'm hoping you can help me..I've just bought a Casio CT- X5000..could you let me know if it's possible to connect the keyboard to a DAW and play back the virtual instruments through this keyboard as if it was a midi keyboard?

Thanks for your time 

Oh by the way, there is a way to do a 1:1 digital byte copy of CT-X audio output. But for this you will need some electronics and good quality soundcard. And you will loose you warranty.

For this, you will need the two things:

1. I2S to SPDIF converter

2. Soundcard with SPDIF input

(also soldering iron, screwdrivers, etc).

You need to open your keyboard, find amplifier chip, which is digitally connected to synth output,, connect your I2S to SPDIF connector to it, and then use SPDIF port of your soundcard to digitally capture audio output.

• 11 months later...