Video Files on Forum ×

Question Re Changing From Registration to User Tone

jeffn1

Hello,

I am hoping someone can give me some insight on my question.

I am using a Registration to play a split.

So, I have my keyboard set up so the Registration Number 1 of each bank does not contain a split or octave change. etc.

This way, when I have to move quickly between a Registration sound (probably not correct term) to a non-Registration sound, I just hit Registration button 1 of the bank I am in to clear any octave changes/splits etc

So, in one particular song I use a Registration sound (split).  And I also want to use a modified Sax that is stored as User Tone (for a sax solo in the song).

So, my thought was I would just button Registration button 1 of that bank to clear the split and then hit the User Tone bank button, which I had previously set for "K:012", which is the (modified) sax sound I want. 

But, for some reason, when I do this, it switches to User Tone K:001, rather than User Tone K:012.

Can anyone explain this?  Is there some setting that changes it to k:001 that I am not aware of?

Hmm, I have done some experimentation.  I wonder if it always reverts to the last Registration Tone you used in that bank?  (And if there was none, it goes to tone "1" of the bank?)

Thanks.

Jeff

Thanks for such a quick response, Brad,

Yep, I got that.  I guess I am trying to be a bit frugal with Registration tones because I have used about half of them and I am doing more and more splits and layers.  And, I guess I would prefer not to get into swapping out banks of Registrations from a SD card.  (I actually have this sax sound stored in a different Registration, but there is no room in that bank for the other sound I am using).

But I found a work around.  Basically it will call up the last User Tone (In this case) used within a Registration.  So, before I start the song, I will go to Registration button 1 and then dial User Tone K012.  So, now, when I clear the Registration by hitting button 1, and then hit the User Tone bank, it recalls K:012.

It takes a bit longer before starting the song, but not too excessive.

Thanks again, for the quick response.

Jeff

• Like 1