Video Files on Forum ×

Hello fellow musicians I have the good old C T K 6200 etc.

musicman73

Hello fellow musicians I have the good old C T K 6200 reasons why I joined this forum is because I am an amateur freelance musician and composer right from a younger age I started to learn the piano at a tender age of 5 y/o and from thereon my music progressed and my late Mother always encouraged me to practice and practice and moving on back in the early 60`s I had this special gift for music and my first keyboard my late Mother bought me was an old Thomas 61 note portable keyboard and then I got my self a Casio C T 7000 keyboard which had in those days a bar code system anyway moving on I was in the army for six years and I was popular as I could play the N A F F I piano N A F F I was a soldiers bar sort of thing and  I just sat down and played with no music all from memory all the old pup songs  and got my beer for free  and so on and so forth moving on a number of years I was married to my 1st ex-Wife and I caused many an issue buying expensive instruments to name a few etc. anyway I am now married to my lovely Russian Wife as I am 73 y/o and I can play from memory ant type of music which I can think of and sit down using all the  C T K 6200 keyboard`s tools and keep them too which I feel sounds nice stored on C T K 6200 `s memory etc.

Lastly, I can play all from memory traditional what I call other peoples music e.g Beatles songs a few I can remember and a few traditional Russian folk songs all from memory much to the amazement of my Russian Wife and play them how I feel what they should played e.g remember back in the 60`s a Welsh folk singer called Mary Hopkin  she was discovered by Paul McCartney her song was called " THOSE WERE THE DAYS " if anyway on this forum remembers this song was from an old Russian folk song in English it meant " THREE HORSES " and I now play this from memory in a romantic ballad or how I think it should sound my Russian Wife loves this version of mine as it has a lot of feeling plus a few more traditional folk songs etc. etc. at present I have play this C T K 6200 for a long while and now I feel it should be played and produce more musical compositions .

Anyway, there you have it in a nutshell a fellow 73 y/o Casio player and I love my music and treat it as therapy very calming and I thank you all for your precious time reading this short story as too how what I do with my spare time music is the food love as the great Bard used to say.

All my best wishes to you all on this Casio forum and I leave all up to you your reactions please look after yourselves ans " HAPPY MUSIC " to you all .

PS a photo taken on my Birthday last 9th of Feb 2020 with my Russian Stepdaughter Victoria aged 40 y/o I am lucky to have such a wonderful family as I have two grown up children back in England and a Grandfather to their small children Son has 3 small  girls Daughter has 2 young boys I never ever met them only seen them on Facebook but I know they all okay !

Victoria and Alistair.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 20.02.2020 at 23:49, sslyutov said:

Добро пожаловать!

Даже обои выглядят русскими:)

Странное представление о "русских" обоях: англия, германия, финляндия и т.д.(в том числе и россия, белорусия) - вот ассортимент обоев почти во всех строительных магазинах.

Welcome!-0ne of my favorite gigs in years past was in the "Russian Hall" in Singac, NJ where most people there spoke Russian, Ukranian, Polish and fortunately for us a few English speaking. Why did I like this gig? Our accordionist-actually played a Bell Duovox connected to a Leslie-surprising how this  could sound like a Hammond C or B-3-and Stevie could play any song they threw at us (I was the drummer at these gigs) many of which we never played anywhere else. So they loved us there, and it was an amazingly happy group!  Dances I had never seen-i also was friends years ago with several of the Glinkas-a very accomplished dance group who I was fortunate enough to see perform, in another unique park in tuxedo, NY where there was a huge dance hall-and I played gigs there a few times too- was a long time ago, in the 19070's.  Hope this translates well.

Добро пожаловать! Одно из моих любимых выступлений в прошлые годы было в «Русском зале» в Сингаке, штат Нью-Джерси, где большинство людей говорили по-русски, по-украински, по-польски и, к счастью для нас, некоторые говорили по-английски. Почему мне понравился этот концерт? Наш аккордеонист — на самом деле играл на Bell Duovox, подключенном к Leslie — удивительно, как это могло звучать как Hammond C или B-3, — и Стиви мог играть любую песню, которую они нам бросали (я был барабанщиком на этих концертах), многие из которых мы больше нигде не играл. Нас там любили, и это была удивительно счастливая группа! Танцев, которых я никогда не видел — я также много лет назад дружил с несколькими Глинками — очень опытной танцевальной группой, выступление которой мне посчастливилось увидеть, в другом уникальном парке в Такседо, штат Нью-Йорк, где был огромный танцевальный зал — и я там тоже несколько раз давали концерты - это было давно, в 1970-х.

• Thanks 1