Video Files on Forum ×

Audio recording of MIDI recording?

Bobbo

The PX-S3000 will make a MIDI recording of a performance and it will also make an audio recording of a performance.  But does anyone know if it's possible to make an audio recording of a previously recorded MIDI recording?  In other words, can a MIDI recording be played and at the same time be audio-recorded?

• Like 1

The PX-S3000 will make a MIDI recording of a performance and it will also make an audio recording of a performance.  But does anyone know if it's possible to make an audio recording of a previously recorded MIDI recording?  In other words, can a MIDI recording be played and at the same time be audio-recorded?

Hmm, it doesn't seem to work.  At least I can't get it to work.  For one thing, when Audio Song mode is selected via the Function button, etc., the only songs accessed via button 3 Song mode are those that have been audio-recorded; the MIDI-recorded songs are not displayed for selection.  For another thing, when the Record button 14 is touched when in Audio record mode, Song mode is not accessible via button 3:  only Rhythm and Accomp may be selected.  So it doesn't seem possible to even access a MIDI-recorded song in order to play it back when starting audio recording.  

If anyone has a workaround, I'd be delighted to hear about it.

Wow, this isn't looking good-the manual doesn't describe this function as possible, so I'm betting it isn't. Have you tried playing a midi recorded song and switched to the audio recorder while it is playing-I mean, can you do that? If you can't, I'm afraid we're done in. If you can, try this trick. Record a midi recorded song but leave a few measures blank before you midi record something-enough time to switch to the audio recorder (if it hasn't cut off playing the midi song recording) and start the audio recorder-to see if it "heard" your recording internally and captured it. It's a longshot and certainly a bit clumsy, bit it might work if the 3000 is capable. And if it works, you can always edit the blank part from the wav file you (hopefully) recorded in any computer audio editor.